Install mac os x on your y500 hackintosh

liteon6x

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for your work, but I'm getting kernel panic due to some ACPI driver.

cpu 0 caller 0xffffff8000658b61

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9544[/ATTACH]

I have tried several bootargs as well but I couldn't get working. Can you please help me?

is that after applying the dsdt ?you probably have a different config with the poster maybe different bios version?

is that after applying the dsdt ?you probably have a different config with the poster maybe different bios version?

Yes I have used the dsdt. I have installed the unlocked bios from this forum.

I will try removing the ultrabay GPU :D

EDIT: removed but problem is still there...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The tutorial the OP posted is a fake for sure, I've seen the same thing all over Google. And it doesn't look like there is a way to get hackintosh working without encountering a black screen. I did get a virtual machine set up however. I have Mac OS X Mavericks running on VMWare for Windows.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I think problem is Default BIOS has no option to Disable Nvidia Graphic Card and enable Intel GC, anyone have tried that option with Unlocked BIOS ?

There is no option to do that in the Y500 at all, it's disabled in the hardware.

Disabled intel videocard is the best choice for a hackintosh. So Y500 should hold the upper hand here, unlike Y510.

You need to make sure you also don't have a bios that writes/locks msr registers. Otherwise you need a patched kernel in order to boot.

I think that now clover is patching the msr registers by default to prevent kernel panics.

Disabled intel videocard is the best choice for a hackintosh. So Y500 should hold the upper hand here, unlike Y510.

You need to make sure you also don't have a bios that writes/locks msr registers. Otherwise you need a patched kernel in order to boot.

I think that now clover is patching the msr registers by default to prevent kernel panics.

Still getting the same error with Clover 2795 I think we need a patched kernel for this model ...

post-13850-1449499812665_thumb.jpg

post-13850-14494998123916_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Biggest bottleneck in Hackintoshing Y510p is Optimus Technology as Mac OS X dont support such a technology, well they have it and its called Iris but they use their own implementation(as usually, its Apple), but at least until now I havent seen any working hackintosh with Optimus technology. So far I was able to get past having Intel Graphics working, you also have to change wireless card from intel one to some other that is working well in hackintosh. As for now I need stable system so I abadoned experimenting with hackintosh, until I get my ultrabay hdd caddy I wont even try as best way is to install Mac Os X on separate drive. If you need stable macintosh you should buy Apple computer, but if you are experimental personality, go ahead but dont expect much. Also regarding haswell you have to patch mach_kernel in order to make it work. There is a tutorial around internet how to patch mach_kernel for Haswell processor. Regarding SLI, no way to make it work.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Did anyone had luck with it?

I am experimenting with it now. I was able to install using Niresh Mavericks 10.9 with default settings. You need to be in Legacy Mode Support to boot, and I still boot from my install key currently. Once it's installed, I have to pop out my 2nd NVidia card in order to boot. I still have to boot in safe mode (-x) in order to get online. I am continuing to experiment with it. I would like to get a good install going where I don't have to remove the 2nd GPU in order to boot. I am going to try to get around it via the unlocked BIOS. Hope that helps.

Anthony Malczanek

• 4 weeks later...
I am experimenting with it now. I was able to install using Niresh Mavericks 10.9 with default settings. You need to be in Legacy Mode Support to boot, and I still boot from my install key currently. Once it's installed, I have to pop out my 2nd NVidia card in order to boot. I still have to boot in safe mode (-x) in order to get online. I am continuing to experiment with it. I would like to get a good install going where I don't have to remove the 2nd GPU in order to boot. I am going to try to get around it via the unlocked BIOS. Hope that helps.

Anthony Malczanek

It's been a while since you posted this. Any update?

Can you clarify a few things...

"I still have to boot in safe mode (-x) in order to get online" Are you using wired or wireless to connect?

Besides -x, what else are you having to type ?

I am going to try the Niresh Mavericks 10.9. I'll report back my results.

For those who have successfully installed it (not VM), what's your battery life lilke? SLI? My main complaint is my battery life is crap while my wife's Macbook seems to have an infinite battery.

• 3 months later...

I've heard so much about this not working, I'd love to do it, but I keep coming back to the same conclusion, that it doesn't work! Can anyone actually confirm this because as far as I'm aware, a Lenovo rep pointed out that the Intel graphics are not physically connected via a buffer or something (mentioned on another forum/thread).

Guide for Installing OS X Yosemite on Lenovo IdeaPad Y510p - Installation Guides - InsanelyMac Forum <- I used this guide. Works great. Except NVidia card, 4k output, internal wireless.

Intel Internal Wireless will never work. You must replace it with a Mac compatible one (BCM4352) or use a USB Wifi which causes sleep issues.

I already posted a link to this guide before but someone said it didnt worked.

Thanks for confirming.