Install mac os x on your y500 hackintosh

liteon6x

If simple virtualbox is not enough, there are plenty of guides online. search for y500 maverick, y510p maverick, y510p yosemite etc etc

You have to make bootable usb OS X (so you have to have some os x working) then istall osx and do some post installation work. I am not sure if I can post link to other forum so search for y510p yosemite and do everything but with lion distribution.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hackintoshed my y510p and it went over pretty well . Only the wifi and the brightness dont work. Surprisingly, the intel bluetooth chip does actually work so you can always tether to a phone in a pinch!

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

well, this is quite an outdated thread, I have no luck with this notebook. Managed to install 10.14 Mojave, spent a whole month trying different methods, but it is impossible to make 750m work, I can only boot in vesa mode and that's all

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I am trying to install mojave into this laptop y400, which is similar to y500 but running on GTX 650M with bootloader from latest clover. but I encountered kernel panic as shown in the attached picture.

I realized mojave doesnt support Nvidia, my best bet is high sierra, but this is installation boot up that is failed. so i heard that optimus is an issues for this laptop, but there is no disable internal intel GFX in the bios option, so i presumed the Nvidia would load just fine, with nv_disable=1, I tried other build of macOS build bootable USB (by changing the config.plist), it restart itself with the screen turn black and high spinning cpu fan.

so I don't know if anyone already got this laptop succesfully running hackintosh?

thanks.

IMG_1981.jpg

On 12/7/2018 at 10:45 PM, benzodm said:

well, this is quite an outdated thread, I have no luck with this notebook. Managed to install 10.14 Mojave, spent a whole month trying different methods, but it is impossible to make 750m work, I can only boot in vesa mode and that's all

do you mind to share your config.plist? I have no luck with mojave or any other macOS, it always reboot itself into black screen with high cpu spinning fan or turn into kernel panic. thanks

Edited by jayko