Time to arm yourself

Is that time of the year again, time to lock and load.

Gigabyte has release their new weaponized Motherboard Series the G1 Series.

And One of them the G1.Assassin just won the award of Design and Innovation Award from TAITRA.

This massive motherboard has extreme enthusiast and extreme gamer all written over form the massive cooling pipes to the ability to use 4 way Crossfire or 3 way SLI this is one motherboard who promises to deliver serious competition to other high end Mobo's out there.

Besides Super Shield: Locked and Loaded Heatpipe Design, this motherboard seems to have it all.

Dual bios chipset for redundancy,

5 smart Fan connectors,

Easy to use overclocking interface,

USB3.0,

on board Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi DAP.

Front audio headphones amplifier,

Audio capacitors,

on board Bigfoot Network Killer E2100 with a dedicated NPU,

SATA 3.0

and a myriad of other options that will make any hardcore enthusiast drool.

They come in 3 flavors, the G! Assasin, The G1 sniper and the G1 guerrilla and they all based on intel LGA13366 socket and the x58+ICH10R chipset.

Price range for the G1 Assassin is $509 to $549 proving to be not a motherboard for everyone but the few, the proud the techno geeks and extreme enthusiasts .

link to their website.

GIGABYTE G1-Killer Series Motherboards

• Thumbs Up 2

Nice find Wbabt007, that thing looks armed to the teeth lol. One hell of a system you could build out of that... If they make boards that are similar and on budget end of things I may pick one up. If I could afford this one it's a beast... but for a 1K desktop this wouldn't make sense... but that is definitely bleeding edge technology!

As you'll see from my sig, I'm definitely a desktop fan. Just that I'd heard about these boards a while back, they cost loads and 1366 is a dying socket. On the flipside, they look great, and have some really cool features depending on what gear you already have.

I might build a SB E desktop when the time comes next year. For now though with the M18x on it's way, I'm more than set.

I completely agree with you Brian, with a m18x-R1 on the way is hard to even think about desktop computers and as Jimbo indicated this Motherboards are not brand new.

I decided to post them because they just won and award and to be honest if I was going to build a desktop I would consider them. They have many features that I personally haven't seen even in high end motherboards before. I specially like the sound sub system as well as the network controller and the bios redundancy.