GTX 580M Overclock

samstalk

I'm sure that 580's are indeed overclockable, the issue of how good they are at overclocking and pushing them to the limit, is a topic for another thread. You should be able to alter the clocks using MSI Afterburner(google it and you can find a link for the download). As always, be sure to start small 5% CORE overclock and test judiciously. The best tests are real-world, so pick a game or two you play often apply the OC and launch it, play for 15-30 minutes, if all is good, bump up the OC. I wouldn't touch the voltage controls until you are a bit more experienced. Just my 2 cents.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the GTX 675M which is a renamed 580M. I have overclocked the GPU from 620 MHz to 730 MHz and the Memory from 1500 MHz to 1800 MHz.

I'm using the Stock Voltage (max 0.87V) and no Artifacts and it runs Stable. Maximum Temperatures with MSI Kombustor are 75°C, and i think they are OK.

Increasing Voltage is a Way to get higher Clocks but there is the risk that the Card is dying. For increasing it you need a modified vbios. It can be found in many threads here.

I hoped i helped you :)

Tried it..

Fan Speed option, Core Voltage and Power Limit settings not available, i guess its not suported in my laptop

The program is useless, in Nvidia Settings i can change same settings as program offers

Fan Speed and Power Limit is not available in Laptops.