Gpu compatibility issue

Ufo104

So, I upgraded my Force 1761 (msi 1761) from the default GTX 570m to a GTX 675m. Both cards use a PCI-E 2.0 slot and run on Fermi architecture, so there shouldn't be a issue. The problem is that the computer won't recognize/use the 675m, but knows it's there. On first boot up a bunch of Nvidia drivers and such were installed, but that's about it. It was still running off of integrated graphics. I tried updating the Nvidia drivers, but it said that the card was not compatible (again, computer won't recognize it).

Gpu-z says my computer is running on standard VGA adapter, but some of the stats are that of the GTX 675m. that's the confusing part...

post-16081-14494995897876_thumb.gif

I am led to believe that this is a BIOS issue (it runs on the ever so horrible Aptio setup utility), but I can't be sure. I would flash the unlocked BIOS, but I think that I need 5 posts first before I can download it.

Thanks!

1761 does not have integrated gpu.

What is happening is that your laptop recognized the card as standard vga adapter.

All you need to do is to install nvidia drivers with modded inf. google "nvidia modded inf drivers"

GL