Msi ge70-0nd

Geoning

IT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO FLASH STOCK WIN8 BIOS GE60 'E16GAIMS.514' or GE70 'E1756IMS.514' BEFORE FLASHING THE WIN8 MOD!!!

Yes, I did it.

Hi.

I was flashing bios in my GE70-0ND using this line

AfuEfix64.efi E1756IMS.514 /p /b /n /k /r

I was getting error

18: bla bla bla...

(because bios which I was wanted was unlocked, with original flashing was working)

so I used

AfuEfix64.efi E1756IMS.514 /p /b /n /k /r /recovery

and wrote yes when he wanted reset. (bios wasnt flashing)

/RECOVERY - Override Secure Flash policy to Recovery

He restarted and I saw blank screen. (LCD without power)

What I can do now?

IT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO FLASH STOCK WIN8 BIOS GE60 'E16GAIMS.514' or GE70 'E1756IMS.514' BEFORE FLASHING THE WIN8 MOD!!!
Yes, I did it.

Hi.

I was flashing bios in my GE70-0ND using this line

AfuEfix64.efi E1756IMS.514 /p /b /n /k /r
I was getting error

18: bla bla bla... (because bios which I was wanted was unlocked, with original flashing was working)

so I used

AfuEfix64.efi E1756IMS.514 /p /b /n /k /r /recovery
and wrote yes when he wanted reset. (bios wasnt flashing)

/RECOVERY - Override Secure Flash policy to Recovery

He restarted and I saw blank screen. (LCD without power)

What I can do now?

Have you done a power drain Or CMOS reset? If it doesn't work you'll have to try with a blind flash.

Have you done a power drain Or CMOS reset? If it doesn't work you'll have to try with a blind flash.

Yes, I did it.

Can you tell me more about blind flashing?

I read about BIOSes in GX, GE, G (I think that they are similar) and owner's GX60 did this same mistake.

http://forum.techinferno.com/msi/1839-msi-g-series-unlocked-bios-46.html#post50102

Yes, I did it.

Can you tell me more about blind flashing?

I read about BIOSes in GX, GE, G (I think that they are similar) and owner's GX60 did this same mistake.

http://forum.techinferno.com/msi/1839-msi-g-series-unlocked-bios-46.html#post50102

As the boot block should be intact a blind flash should work, name your current BIOS file E1756IMS.514 or the name of the original BIOS file and put it on a fat32 formatted USB pen drive, power the notebook on and repeatedly press ctrl + home and wait until it starts to access the USB drive, which can take a while.. And then wait some more.

You'll notice if it works or not but be very patient.

RMA said that motherboard has been damaged and they can repair it for 300euro O.O

What I should do now? Im not sure that mobo has been damaged after "interference bios" how they call on it.

Yeah they will just swap the motherboard for a new one, if the blind flash won't work you can order a programmed BIOS chip for your model and go to a workshop and they will swap out the chips for a decent price. The chip itself should land on 10-15Euro and the swap should cost around 100Euro whoch will safe you some money.

DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!

If you feel confident enough and know how to use a soldering iron it's fairly easy to do it yourself, what I think is the safest way to avoid lifting any pads is by cutting of the eeprom's legs at the base of the chip with an exacto knife - remove the old chip and put the soldering iron with tinted tip to the legs remaining on the mobo and remove them one by one.

Then you'll have to clean the surface with solder wick and isopropylalcohol - add a small amount of new solder to the pads - put som flux on the surface and the legs of the chip and place the chip perfectly and solder the corners on opposite sides and then solder the rest of the legs.

Clean once again with isopropylalcohol and you're done.

• Thumbs Up 1

If you feel confident enough and know how to use a soldering iron it's fairly easy to do it yourself, what I think is the safest way to avoid lifting any pads is by cutting of the eeprom's legs at the base of the chip with an exacto knife - remove the old chip and put the soldering iron with tinted tip to the legs remaining on the mobo and remove them one by one.

Then you'll have to clean the surface with solder wick and isopropylalcohol - add a small amount of new solder to the pads - put som flux on the surface and the legs of the chip and place the chip perfectly and solder the corners on opposite sides and then solder the rest of the legs.

Clean once again with isopropylalcohol and you're done.

Ok, notebook has been fixed. :)

Thanks again Suoah.

Chip = 5euro + 10euro programming and swapping.

My congrats! I have been in the same situation but I had to create proper image for flashing to the chip.

What image was used for your laptop? Simple downloaded bios?

And did you try blind flash?

My congrats! I have been in the same situation but I had to create proper image for flashing to the chip.

What image was used for your laptop? Simple downloaded bios?

I gave on pendrive win8 bios to programming from MSI's site E1756IMS.514.

And did you try blind flash?

No, I had bad luck and I have been destroyed the chip. :( A new chip has been programmed in the other device (in RMA they have this)

Later, I used Prema's mod GPU OC.

I think that he could unlock bios for us too. Maybe he does it... :D