Buying a new card - need your advice - 1000$ budget !

Lukas026

What about AMD? The R9 - 290X?

Maybe I am just a newbie in high end rigs, so please tell me why 780 > R9 290X?

I know why I would take the 780, the fan noise is lower. Not having to listen to a leaf blower is worth money to me. Of course it is not a leaf blower, but you get the idea. Another reason is the possible later upgrade to gsync.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

I second or third the suggestion to get the ACX version of the 780. I have the 780 SC ACX and those things are quiet. The cooler does a great job getting rid of heat. And the card is plenty fast stock. Price is great right now since it's getting to be a bit older in the US.

• 2 months later...

sli evga 780gtx sc acx, it's going to run you around that price, and i myself own them and i must say they're worth every penny. Great performance, and if you plan on surrounding they'll eat up whatever you toss at them. Plus good headroom for more OC, esp with modded bios.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...