Sample memory Optimizations for SODIMM

I have these premium memory modules which I have reprogrammed which helped my old laptops eke more performance in games. Some timings are so tight that most Intel(including Atoms) and AMD cpus can't handle it. Paticularly the very tight RAS# ot CAS# of 3 is not compatible with most CPUs. These timings only work on the AMD's turion processors. Just make the RAS# to CAS# to 4 to make it compatible. I know these modules are old but you can still apply it to your old laptops to make them a little bit better in whatever new task you assign them to.

mewmem.png

asusmemory.png

You have to reprogram the memory module using thaiphoon burner. There are some tutorials on the internet. My advice is to have another unaltered module with smaller memory capacity. If you made a mistake the computer cannot use your memory anymore, But using your unaltered module install it together with your corrupted module and usually the laptop will use the settings for the corrupted module from the unaltered but lower capacity module. Then you can run the program again and restore the settings to your corrupted ram module. You should always save your original settings so you can resurrect your corrupted module.

The safest way to do it is use a program that will adjust your ram timings in real time but you have to start this program everytime you start your PC/laptop. Programs like AMD overdrive can do that. Memset can do this also for older laptops. Beware with things like these. Its trial and error and hours of testing to see if its stable at a given setting. If you made a mistake it will not be permanent. Just restart the laptop and everything is fine again. Don't configure to run the program automatically if windows restarts to avoid infinite looping restarts of windows if you happen to made a mistake.

• Thumbs Up 1