2013 11" MBA + GTX570@4Gbps+c-TBEC2 (PE4L 2.1b) + Win7 [kloper]

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys,

sorry my ignorance but do you have to use boot camp and windows in order to do use this GPU or can you use it also on OSX?

- - - Updated - - -

Hi guys,

sorry my ignorance but do you have to use boot camp and windows in order to do use this GPU or can you use it also on OSX?

Hi guys,

- - - Updated - - -

Hi guys,

Yes, OS X is usable with an e-GPU. There are several posts in this forum if you want to check them out for a better understanding.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, I followed this guide for my macbook air 2013 with a gtx 660. Exactly the same and everything has been flawless. Recently i upgrade to windows 8.1 and my egpu cannot be read by my macbook. It doesnt show up in device manager and when i try to install nvidia drivers it says it cannot continue because no gpu is detected. What should i do? Would i have to follow a different guide/get different parts? Or is it a software issue?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm running exactly the same specs except that I have the 13" version rather than the 11". When i'm doing step 9 of part c, using eGPU Setup 1.3, i get an error "[MBR2] Chainloading failed!! If using MBR2 mode try MBR instead. Press any key to reboot . . .". Any idea what I'm doing wrong and what I can do to fix this? Thanks

I'm running exactly the same specs except that I have the 13" version rather than the 11". When i'm doing step 9 of part c, using eGPU Setup 1.3, i get an error "[MBR2] Chainloading failed!! If using MBR2 mode try MBR instead. Press any key to reboot . . .". Any idea what I'm doing wrong and what I can do to fix this? Thanks

Change from MBR2 to MBR mode. Do that by either selecting Chainloader->mode.MBR2 in the menu-based setup, or run c:\eGPU\eGPU-setup-mount, edit v:\config\startup.bat and change "call chainload MBR2" to be "call chainload MBR".

• 2 weeks later...

i figured the problem out why my egpu doesn´t work

i forgot to switch the SW switch from 1 to 2

now the gnu is detected in windows but i have that yellow exclamationmark on it

now i need the program from Tech Inferno Fan right?

- - - Updated - - -

another thing

do i have to deactivate the intel hd graphics by myself or will it deactivate automatically,

because when i start a benchmark test it uses the intel hd instead the egpu

why is this so

• 2 months later...

...or Corsair CX430 offers 12V/32A (384W) of peak power, enough for ALL current video cards.

Hey. Provides this power supply (Corsair CX430) enough power for GTX 770? (IMNoobO : Theoretically yes) Was searching "implementation guide" for gtx770 or equivalent, and everybody has 500w~750w PSU. So I would appreciate direct answer, thanks! :)

edit: Thanks Dschijn for fast respond and enlightenment about connectors. 2x molex to 6-pin will do that work.

• Tech Inferno Fan changed the title to 2013 11" MBA + GTX570@4Gbps+c-TBEC2 (PE4L 2.1b) + Win7 [kloper]