EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs

Dell just pushed the first BIOS update for the new Alienware 17 to their support site.

Download here: Driver Details | Dell US

Changelog A03:

1. Update Intel GOP 5.0.1032.

2. Update Intel VBIOS 2175.

3. Modify load default behavior in Setup Menu.

4. Enhance secure boot function.

5. Enhance Panel information interface.

6. Update Microcode 306C3h Rev.09h.

7. Add New ROM part support.

8. Disable WLAN ASPM L0s.

9. Modify SATA configuration behavior for tool load default.

10. Add CMFC OEM Project Function.

11. Enable Nvidia GC6 function

• Thumbs Up 2

That's most likely related with Optimus since it's not part of the AW 18 bios change log... but Nvidia gives zero documentation about their products, so I can't say anything for sure.

That's most likely related with Optimus since it's not part of the AW 18 bios change log... but Nvidia gives zero documentation about their products, so I can't say anything for sure.

thanks for the info. I'm trying to confirm what Dell actually did with this update as now it seems they removed the 77 C throttle limit from the GTX 780m GPU. Its interesting that they say they updated the Intel vBIOS not the Nvidia one. Is there something I'm missing or maybe they didn't post that fix as there wasn't "officially" a problem to begin with?

The 780m vbios is not part of the bios. Also there's no problem with the 780m vbios cause it doesn't throttle. The performance issues are bios related.

You don't must install this bios. It causes some errors. A pink vertical line appeared on the screen and keyboard blinking. Also, sometimes, you could not get into the bios. I I am aware of return it and will wait when windows 8.1 is released.

On my AW17 with Bios A03 the GTX780M throttles in Optimus Mode @ 66° and with Optimus off @ 76°. So there is nothing happened with this update.

new bios for alienware 17 is out...A04

Modify:1. Support Intel PCH C2 chipset.2. Update ePSA 4228A12(4228.19).3. Modify SMBIOS Type 1 information.4. Update Microcode 306C3h Rev.12h.5. Enhance WOL function under Sleep status.6. Modify hardware reserved memory.7. Enhance graphic performance for Nvidia Optimus.

• Thumbs Up 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By guilhrme
      Hello guys, how are you?

I got today a new graphics card for my Alienware 17 R1 (2013). The newer card is a gtx 970m. Before, the Alienware had no dedicated graphics card, but only the integrated Intel HD 4600 from processor.
      After I put the new card on laptop, I realized that the laptop wont turn on anymore. If I remove the graphics card, laptop turns on normally.
      Another thing that I noticed, is that with graphics card inside  when I plug AC adapter, the blue led of it (AC adapter) turns off. Without the card, this behavior dont happens.
      I already reseat the card a lot of times without success.

My Alienware is a R1 Model (2013) or M17x R5.

PSU: 240w
      Processor: 4910mq
      RAM: 32GB
      Battery: OK.
      Graphics Card: Alienware GTX 970m 6gb - G16E-A1
      Bios: A14 (lastest from Dell WebSite)

I dont have another card to test.

Thank you guys. I hope anyone can help me.
    • By Alucardoo
      please help me of this problem.

Only using DGPU will have no problem. 

But when i push fn + f5 and change into the optimus mode,

the screen is flickering and glitching....

like this video

even i pulled out the dgpu and power on with integrated gpu,, it has the same situation.

i flash the bios a14 and a13 but it isnt solved.

i dont know why... i think it is related to the intel GPU...

Is there anybody who know the source of the problem?

• By K1Vm4n
      Hi guys,
      Before posting I searched this forum back and forth multiple times to make sure I am not asking a question that has already been addressed. Well, it hasn't unfortunately.
      I own an Alienware 17 (2013). Last month its GTX 780M breathed its last. I mourned it shortly and I am now ready for a new GPU. My fantasy is to outfit my system with a Quadro K5100M. (Even a K4100M would do if I think about it.) A long time ago I came across an ebay seller offering customized Alinware 17 (R5) systems with K5100M GPUs. I PMed the dealer and they confirmed to me that they were the ones doing the customization, not the original manufacturer. So this tells me it is possible and, needless to say, I'd love to do it too.
      Hope there are folks that can help me with this by sharing their insights and knowledge. I would appreciate any relevant input, guys. Thanks!
    • By Protosouls
      Hello, I have slv7's Vbios installed. I've had it installed for a while (months) and have had no problems. Recently within the past 3 days every time I start my computer, after everything boots up and loads about 30 seconds later the GPU fan ramps up all the way and the computer freezes and then the screen flashes and then comes back on and says my display driver has crashed after that happens everything runs normal for the rest of the time I have the computer running.
      I'll upload the exact Vbios I'm using. I do NOT own it****
      Nvidia GTX 780m - 'OC edition' - rev02.zip
      Here are my specs - Alienware 17, i7 4800mq, gtx 780m, 16gb ram, 3d screen.
      other possibly useful information - Driver I am running 347.52 (have tried other to correct the problem with no luck) I have messed around with nvidia inspector and MSI afterburner I have over clocked further that the Vbios does for a short period of time (but I ran an external fan while I overclocked)
      Let me know If you need any other, Thanks!
    • By umerarain90
      On the top right corner, volume rocker buttons are not working. Can anyone please help with this issue? I have tried re installing the OSD drivers as well but nothing changed. All others buttons are working fine except Volume Up, Down and Mute.
      Thanks Anticipation.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.