Dell just released the first BIOS update for their new 14 inch Alienware.

You can grab it here: Driver Details | Dell US

>>>>

Before updating please check whether your machine came with A02 - I'm still looking for a copy of that version, so if this is the case please don't update just know but let me know and I'll tell you how to create a dump for me, would be really appreciated!

>>>>

Changelog A03:

1. Update Intel GOP 5.0.1032.

2. Update Intel VBIOS 2175.

3. Modify load default behavior in Setup Menu.

4. Enhance secure boot function.

5. Enhance Panel information interface.

6. Update Microcode 306C3h Rev.09h.

7. Add New ROM part support.

8. Disable WLAN ASPM L0s.

9. Modify SATA configuration behavior for tool load default.

10. Add CMFC OEM Project Function.

11. Enable Nvidia GC6 function

• Thumbs Up 1

The problem is flashing, from the testing so far I currently have no way for you guys to flash the modified bios without a hardware mod or soldering.

And I don't have a machine to test my ideas myself... that's another difficulty.

If you want a bios chip with an unlocked bios let me know, I'll sell you one, but this would require soldering.

I appreciate the offer, however, I don't know if I feel comfortable soldering on the board just yet. I also am not the best at soldering so there is no guarantees I wont screw it up :).

If you happen to figure out a flash method, I will help you out. Just let me know.

Thanks again for the offer.

Billy

• 6 months later...
The problem is flashing, from the testing so far I currently have no way for you guys to flash the modified bios without a hardware mod or soldering.

And I don't have a machine to test my ideas myself... that's another difficulty.

If you want a bios chip with an unlocked bios let me know, I'll sell you one, but this would require soldering.

Hello slv7,

Do you still plan on flashing the AW 14 A03 bios to unlock more features? I feel like I can get more out of it if I can do some modest BCLK overclocking to my i7 4700. Please let us all know. Thank you.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...