Bricking EVGA SC ACX 780 by flashing svl7 bios?

iMake

The first time I accidentally flashed the regular version(non ACX), so every time I booted up I saw some strange lines and corruption before a BSOD or shutdown.

I flashed back to the original bios after that. After I got 5 posts to download it, I flashed the SC ACX version and I had the same problem. I tried another DVI port with the same result. When I connected via HDMI, I just saw a black screen.

I also tried flashing from DOS but no difference.

Is there something I'm not doing right?

Flash the version you want and then reset your BIOS, there's probably a switch on your motherboard to achieve this.

can I reset in the BIOS menu or does it need to be a hard reset?

okay, I think my bios is just different. I tried updating with an official EVGA bios and had the same problem.

Could you please mod this version? I'm sure there are others with this bios

Well, if your stock vbios was 3A and the old one causes corruption then I can only imagine two reasons... motherboard incompatibility with the older vbios (the one you flashed) or your card uses a slightly revised chip that needs the newer vbios.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...