MS-16F2 w/GTX770m Need vBios Please Help!

Wotan

@Bugii Would you mind to keep us posted about you upgrading your GT780? (flashing, installing, and I hope benchmarking)

Because we share same laptop type and I think GTX770M is the best possible upgrade (no need to buy heatsink or dremel etc)

Thank you in advance, bro.

Cheers!

@Suoah Thanks man!

I find many of your posts are very helpful.

I did upgrade to 7970m last week, I think that was the best upgrade possible if you consider only gaming. - performance almost like 675M SLI and temperatures ~10 degrees less than 675M.

I'm now "downgrading" to GTX770M. It should be still pretty much the same, I'm just more fan of nvidia than AMD, and I really need CUDA - using Adobe CS5, not going to upgrade to CS6 just because of OpenCL support.

So I'm willing to sacrifice some of the performance just to stay "green".

I'll post the update when I got it working, probably tomorrow.

I did upgrade to 7970m last week, I think that was the best upgrade possible if you consider only gaming. - performance almost like 675M SLI and temperatures ~10 degrees less than 675M.

I'm now "downgrading" to GTX770M. It should be still pretty much the same, I'm just more fan of nvidia than AMD, and I really need CUDA - using Adobe CS5, not going to upgrade to CS6 just because of OpenCL support.

So I'm willing to sacrifice some of the performance just to stay "green".

I'll post the update when I got it working, probably tomorrow.

Looking forward to it bro!

Cheers!

attend photo and tips, and benchmark :)

that would be great too if Bugii can manage the time to do so.

I have a few questions.

which 770m card works best for MS-16F2? Clevo, dell, msi...? (so far i have heard that clevo works)

and will the hdmi work?

which is the best 770m seller on ebay?

I use a Clevo in my 16F2 and everything works flawless. And it works for others too.

Performance wise every 770M should be equal as they are all locked at 135+ core, let's hope that Svl7 will modify a VBIOS so we can utilize the full potential of these cards :)

Performance wise every 770M should be equal as they are all locked at 135+ core, let's hope that Svl7 will modify a VBIOS so we can utilize the full potential of these cards :)

What do you mean ?

Sorry if thats a stupid question... I'm getting a dell card, I'll do the tests over the weekend. So what should I focus on? What do you mean locked at 135+ ?

What do you mean ?

Sorry if thats a stupid question... I'm getting a dell card, I'll do the tests over the weekend. So what should I focus on? What do you mean locked at 135+ ?

Kepler mobiles have the core locked to 135+, you can't pass this limit with overclocking software. You'll need a modified VBIOS in order to do it.

Okay, so Ive tried to install the card. - i have a problem, maybe you might have some ideas.

Its a Dell card GTX 770m

MSI GT780 - the one that came out with 560m - not GT783 but the bios is the same AFAIK. - using the unlocked bios but in default settings.

When I turn the machine on, its stuck on MSI boot screen, in the bottom left corner I can see three options - Del. F11, F3.

Nothing from these works. I can only hit ctrl+alt+del to reboot. It wont even flash the screen to enter raid.

I know the card is working, otherwise I wouldnt see anything.

When I remove it and install Dell GTX675M it works perfectly.

Now on that screen I cant enter bios nor boot from flash drive so I cannot flash the card to Clevo vbios.

If I run out of options, I'll try to desolder the chip and flash it that way, but Im trying to avoid that. Maybe the vbios isnt problem as other dell cards - 560m 580m 7970m worked fine.

I've tried to strip down HDDs and RAMs. Turn the Legacy ROM in modded BIOS (black screen with this, if I revert it back to efi comatible, its stuck on boot screen again)

Any ideas ?

@Suoah - what BIOS are you using? is it unlocked .30H ?

when in efi-compatible its stuck on msi logo.

when in legacy rom the screen is black.

Okay so I've decided to desolder the chip from the card and flash clevo bios.

I'll keep you posted. So far we know that stock Dell card does not work in 1761.

Card layout looks exactly the same as clevo, so hopefully the vbios will help.

time nowday to fit 770m gtx (clevo) in msi gt780 dxr (first in italy) ahahahahahah

CONFIRM: 770m gtx clevo version is compatible, work alllllllllllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! no mod!!!!!

326.84 modded driver?

Are you using MSI bios or unlocked bios?

I've installed 770m with Clevo bios and its the same as the dell card :-/

Stuck on msi splash screen.

Now, I have MSI GT780R, not DXR - not sure if that matters, but they have same bios AFAIK.

I'll try to flash genuine bios from MSI page... otherwise I dont know.

Your GT780 supports GTX770m yet mine does not...

Edit: genuine MSI BIOS didnt help.

Guys, could you please provide me ebay link where did you buy the card from ? - I want to be sure it will be exactly the same card as yours.

I found some from upgrademonkey but they say its for Alienware, clevo, msi ... - not sure abou that because the one I have is pulled from alienware.

ok, i went that far that i flashed my GT780 with whitebook bios. laptop works. card behaves the same.

so thats one mystery solved. dell cards do not work in 1761.

please send me a link where did you guys buy your card from.

ok, i went that far that i flashed my GT780 with whitebook bios. laptop works. card behaves the same.

so thats one mystery solved. dell cards do not work in 1761.

please send me a link where did you guys buy your card from.

NEW Nvidia Geforce GTX 770M 3GB DDR5 MXM 3 0 Type B FOR Clevo Alienware MSI | eBay

• Thumbs Up 1

i have unlocked 3h, ok i link card that i have buyed (dell or clevo not are the same...).

770m gtx

Well that card says it works in alienware - mine is from alienware.

And according to the picture - mine looks exactly the same except is green board not blue.

I'll try to swap the card - maybe the card was dead. If that wont help, I'll buy the one you linked guys.

Thank you.

Well that card says it works in alienware - mine is from alienware.

And according to the picture - mine looks exactly the same except is green board not blue.

I'll try to swap the card - maybe the card was dead. If that wont help, I'll buy the one you linked guys.

Thank you.

Well that card says it works in alienware - mine is from alienware.And according to the picture - mine looks exactly the same except is green board not blue.I'll try to swap the card - maybe the card was dead. If that wont help, I'll buy the one you linked guys.Thank you.
I wonder your system has optimus?

I hope it's just a dead card bro.

I'll see tonight.

I wonder your system has optimus?

No. It's GT780 - no optimus on sandy bridge MSI. But I've tried clevo vbios on the dell card and it behaves the same.

Edit:

Okay, new card behaves the same. So we can say for sure that Dell cards do not work in MSI.

I've ordered one from the ebay seller you recommended guys. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I will post it over the weekend. So far it looks fine, although I§m not getting such a good results as on the notebookcheck portal. GPU score is very similar - seems like my 2630qm is no match to their 4th gen cpus used while benchmarking... I'll post detailed thread over the weekend.

• 2 months later...