MS-16F2 w/GTX770m Need vBios Please Help!

Wotan

Hi guys,

I have a GTX765m and its stuck at the msi logo. Has anyone had any success to get past the msi bios splash screen?

I read that someone had the same issue with the GTX770m. Is there any reason you guys are going for them? Could it be the vbios, my 2nd gen cpu or power supply that is stopping it from booting.

Thanks

No, the GTX765M will not work with the MS-16F2 Barebone. The only one Kepler card is the GTX770M. When you buy the MSI version of the card (green PCB, must come from a MSI GT60/70 2OC or Medion X7825), than works the card via plug & play, you need only a new Heatsink. Card and Heatsink coast around 300Euro @ Ebay.

I use also the GTX770M in my Medion X6819 with the MS-16F2 Barebone. In some games i must use Throttlestop, because the 180W power supply is to weak.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have 3 question.

My 570m in GT780DX (1761) is dead, so I just bought clevo 770m from mokkin.

1) I'm pretty sure that it will work, but can someone tell me, is it better to use clevo vbios and modify inf, or just flash with stock MSI or OC svl7 vbios ?

Is there any disadvantage in using MSI vbios?

2) My notebook don't have optimus, so must I change something to work GPU correctly?

3) And most important, my NB won't turn on (power button didn't work) when GPU inside. When I plug it out, notebook works (ofc w/o display).

GPU died during furmark, but is it possible, that MB is damaged too and when I plug 770m, it die also?

Hi,

I have 3 question.

My 570m in GT780DX (1761) is dead, so I just bought clevo 770m from mokkin.

1) I'm pretty sure that it will work, but can someone tell me, is it better to use clevo vbios and modify inf, or just flash with stock MSI or OC svl7 vbios ?

Is there any disadvantage in using MSI vbios?

2) My notebook don't have optimus, so must I change something to work GPU correctly?

3) And most important, my NB won't turn on (power button didn't work) when GPU inside. When I plug it out, notebook works (ofc w/o display).

GPU died during furmark, but is it possible, that MB is damaged too and when I plug 770m, it die also?

1) use clevo vbios. No flashing needed on GT780DX, it works the same, save yourself a few minutes wasted by flashing.

2)nothing needs to be changed, insert new card and thats it.

3)had the same problem. Remove old GPU, and turn the laptop ON. It should start - it wont boot of course, but you should see at least some led lights flashing and FAN should spin. That means the mobo is okay.

• Thumbs Up 1

1) use clevo vbios. No flashing needed on GT780DX, it works the same, save yourself a few minutes wasted by flashing.

2)nothing needs to be changed, insert new card and thats it.

3)had the same problem. Remove old GPU, and turn the laptop ON. It should start - it wont boot of course, but you should see at least some led lights flashing and FAN should spin. That means the mobo is okay.

Well, w/o GPU Hard Drive works, later windows sound, so that is what I wanted to hear, Thank You.

My 770m is already in my country, so I think, tomorrow will be That Day.

Anyway, can I oc w/ Clevo vbios more then +135? and need to modify .inf file.

That is the reason, why I want that MSI vbios, but still don't know why some people (just like you) stay with clevo.

Is there some hidden disadvantage or problems in MSI vbios ? Need to know.

IMO, better spend 5 minutes to flash MSI vbios and forget about problem, than modify .inf file every time when updating drivers, or crash when using nvidia experience.

Oh, about FAN spin. Should I change something in EC ? I know I know, You said "plug and play" but there is always somethink to do also ^^ ThrottleStop for example.

My plan was:

-OC MSI vbios

-Unlocked Bios

-Throttlestop to disable BD PROCHOT (saw few users with my NB configuration, fighting with fps drops)

So, where is the catch?

Well, w/o GPU Hard Drive works, later windows sound, so that is what I wanted to hear, Thank You.

My 770m is already in my country, so I think, tomorrow will be That Day.

Anyway, can I oc w/ Clevo vbios more then +135? and need to modify .inf file.

That is the reason, why I want that MSI vbios, but still don't know why some people (just like you) stay with clevo.

Is there some hidden disadvantage or problems in MSI vbios ? Need to know.

IMO, better spend 5 minutes to flash MSI vbios and forget about problem, than modify .inf file every time when updating drivers, or crash when using nvidia experience.

Oh, about FAN spin. Should I change something in EC ? I know I know, You said "plug and play" but there is always somethink to do also ^^ ThrottleStop for example.

My plan was:

-OC MSI vbios

-Unlocked Bios

-Throttlestop to disable BD PROCHOT (saw few users with my NB configuration, fighting with fps drops)

So, where is the catch?

You didnt say you want to OC the card. then yes, you need unlocked vbios.. the OC MSI version would be good.

I stay with clevo vbios becase it works fine for me. Tried MSI vbios, it was the same, except, one game (company of heroes 2) didnt work on my external monitor - and that specific monitor (in my sig. different monitor worked.). all other games works. Probably just the game itself has the issue. not a big deal. Apart from that, the MSI vbios is the same as clevo vbios. My philosophy is, why change something if it works as I want it to work... And I'm not overclocking the card, I dont need to, I couldnt care less for those 5 extra fps... and I dont care I need modde inf. Not updating drivers every day... Right now I'm stuck to 337.88 as it works wonderfully, had some nasty Bluescreens with 340 series in some games.

you dont need unlocked BIOS for the motherboard. It works fine without it.

Throttlestop to disable BDprochot - yes. You will need this for SOME demanding titles. Some games run great without it.

So for you:

-flash OC version of MSI vbios

-no need to touch BIOS, its okay as it is.

-Run TS for BDprochot when you see stuttering...

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...

this is not a MSI GTX770M...

so it must look like with a GTX770M from MSI:

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_11E0&SUBSYS_10E81462&REV_A1

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_11E0&SUBSYS_10E81462

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_11E0&CC_030000

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_11E0&CC_0300

Just try to flash the MSI vBIOS: http://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/141748/MSI.GTX770M.3072.130324.rom

With good luck, the card works with the old MS-16F2, but normally function only pure MSI cards.

Am trying to get a (green) 770M working in my Medion Erazer X7817 (MS 1762 barebone), it's not showing up in Device Manager or being detected by NVflash...

But the fans are not spinning to 100% after startup which is good since that happens when there's no card or a dead card inside.

What should I do?

• 2 months later...

Hey guys

Just want to share my experience. I installed a gtx 770m card and gpuz recognised it right away. Windows found the drivers, rebooted and it there it was fully installed. no vbios flash, no modified drivers, nothing.

Here are some pics of install.

2CD02517-8685-4EC6-B602-B6B9CC2548EC.jpg

13556F41-F587-4425-9E96-9054EA62C899.jpg

05C8AD21-9DFB-48D1-ABFA-C34A7CA4777F.jpg

gtx770minstallonboot.png

post-28667-1449499923754_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...

Hi,

I have a MSI GT780 (Not a DX or DXR), and I'm trying to upgrade from my old GTX560M to a 770M. I saw Bugii's post that for the GT780DX it should essentially be plug and play. I have a new 770m(I made sure its the Clevo model), and after installation the laptop boots up, and I can hear the windows sound play, but I have nothing but a black back lit screen. Is it a difference between the GT780 and 780DX that is causing my issue? Do I need to update my video drivers, and if so is there a way I can do this blind? This is my first time replacing a video card so any help is appreciated.

• 2 months later...
Here the MSI GTX 770M OC Vbios.

[ATTACH]15662[/ATTACH]

What gives further this vbios?

Blue card GTX 770M from Clevo works perfectly, without the need to modify cooling.

Thank you all for the wonderful descriptions and help in choosing the card to GT780DX.

• 5 months later...

Hello everyone,

I'am trying to upgrade my MSI GT780DX-406US (Nvidia GTX570M) GPU to 'Nvidia 3GB GTX770M MXM 3.0', my question is should I go for a Clevo or MSi brand? Not much of a tech./comp. guru person just want to plug n' play without alot of modification if necessary. Tnx All

MSi - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nvidia-3GB-GTX-770M-MXM-3-0-N14E-GS-A1-MSI-GAMING-VIDEO-Card-GDDR5-3GB-/181928863277?hash=item2a5bce262d:g:c0kAAOSwhcJWQodF

Clevo - http://www.ebay.com/itm/CLEVO-NVIDIA-GTX-770M-3GB-Vedio-card-for-MSI-Clevo-and-Alienware-/321963346768?hash=item4af682cb50:g:MXUAAOSwJkJWhaFy

Also what is a good 'Thermal pad' and Thermal paste' to use for this? Liquid metal good too? Tnx

Edited by Johnny13laze

On 22.7.2013 at 9:59 PM, Wotan said:

Hi guys,

I've gotten myself into a sort of funky pickle:

I have installed a GTX770m in my MS-16F2 to replace the now antiquated GTX560m. After some heatsink modification on the mill and new thermal strips, the card went in quite easily. Now, my problem is that Nvidia's software, nor GPUz or any other install-able software will recognize the card. Nearly everything recognizes my display adapter as "Standard VGA adapter". However, when running Nvidia autodetect on my machine, it does detect the GTX770m. Additionally, I backed up the existing vBios on the card and the display adapter was recognized correctly, so I know its not just a matter of having a dead card.

I already tried flashing my computer's bios with a newer and unlocked version. The flash was successful, but the video card situation hasn't changed.

Does anyone have a version of the GTX770m vBios, or even better, and MSI specific copy? Any help in solving this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks gents

You only need to flash the MSI Vbios of the GTX 770M,then You don`t need to modify the Driver Inf.

MSI 770m - 80.06.54.00.11 'OC edition' - rev02.zip

• 2 weeks later...