[HARDWARE MOD] IPS panel for W110ER

LP116WH4-SLN1 (glossy / gives most people trouble, because it ships with different firmwares) or LP116WH4-SLN2 (matte / works for most people) are the only 11.6" IPS panel for W110ER. (They just require the screen mounts to be clipped and thick/soft two sided tape to center and hold the screen in place):

1355391370.JPG.big.jpg

j7ts.jpg

d4he.jpg

z37d.jpg

5j1s.jpg

vqcv.jpg

cqew.jpg

txic.jpg

l1yf.jpg

dgvc.jpg

8boi.jpg

bepl.jpg

2few.jpg

fc2k.jpg

bnjs.jpg

wmxv.jpg

qxug.jpg

u56a.jpg

lshi.jpg

obcn.jpg

2ber.jpg

mmfz.jpg

2x91.jpg

wy7d.jpg

8l2h.jpg

tt6s.jpg

uyey.jpg

CREDIT: xjlmoney & 我爱_吃草莓

SPECIAL THX @ 落下

The regular TN panels for the W11 have very bad viewing angles, this IPS looks like a huge improvement!

Have one coming in, so let's see... ;)

good luck prema. I'm surprised that the eDP cable supports 8-bit displays, unless this is not an 8-bit panel?<br></br>I really wish there was an 8-bit option for the P150EM. Even with my V4 panel there is a lot of banding for dark colors, and I notice it often. Then add in the poor vertical viewing angles and despite having a very low response time for a laptop LCD that there is still ghosting, I don't understand how no one can make a better panel.

I hope you don't get scammed! Most high end LCD sales are.

The W110ER is 8bit LVDS. That's the only 11.6" LVDS IPS...

Really LVDS? LVDS has a differential pair for each bit, so 6-bit is 6 differential pairs, and 8-bit is 8 pairs. I'm surprised that the standard cable has an extra 4 wires for the 2 extra bits.

On the mobo side the LVDS connector has 30 pins. The interface is a 6-bit, 1-channel LVDS (HD only).
Yep, we use a 40 to 30pin LVDS cable. Hopefully the panel will let us run in 6bit mode with decent refresh? From Intel; 24-bpp Display Panel Compatibility

LVDS support for 18 bpp (6-bits/color) is based on three differential data-pairs, plus a

differential clock signal, per channel. In contrast, 24-bpp (8 bits/color) panels require

four differential data-pairs, plus the differential clock signal, per channel.

Consequently, an onboard 18-bpp LVDS solution does not support 24-bpp panels in

24-bpp mode; however, certain types of 24-bpp panels can operate in 18-bpp mode.

On the mobo side the LVDS connector has 30 pins. The interface is a 6-bit, 1-channel LVDS (HD only).

That's what I expected. I wonder if the GPU will realize that 2 bits are absent and know to use dithering? Things will look pretty bad if not.

I hope it will work because I'm the second guinea pig XD

So 30-40 LVDS connector and a method to mount it and I should be good to go... Kind of a bummer you have to lose the bit depth, but let's be honest, anything is better than the stock screen.

EDIT:

Actually, I don' think a converter is needed. My current screen (M116NWR1) is 40 pin, yet it's 6-bit colour. By the looks of it the W110ER can already take 40 pin screens with its existing cable. You're right though it does have 30 pins on the mobo which is strange, perhaps some aren't used or something. The pictures up there show the screen working fine so I have a feeling as long as I can get it fitted it'll be virtually plug 'n' play. However, got to wait until at LEAST August the 8th for when I get back from China :P

• 4 weeks later...

Got my IPS today!

Though they send me a LP116WH4-SLN2 instead of the LP116WH4-SLN1...It will be a bit of work to fix it properly as the mounts don't fit...

I am not sure how the rest of the specks differ, couldn't find a site with accurate speck comparison...looks like it has a matte layer on in and its super slim, could fit 2 of them in there...

Technically it works and screen looks just gorgeous, what a giant step-up from the stock matte screen...

Got my IPS today!

Though they send me a LP116WH4-SLN2 instead of the LP116WH4-SLN1...It will be a bit of work to fix it properly as the mounts don't fit...

I am not sure how the rest of the specks differ, couldn't find a site with accurate speck comparison...looks like it has a matte layer on in and its super slim, could fit 2 of them in there...

Technically it works and screen looks just gorgeous, what a giant step-up from the stock matte screen...

You Awesome...

http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=3837039406&uk=942972209

THX luoxia, screen is perfect, no pixel errors...

Had to shop of the screw holes at the side and put two sided cushioned tape on the back, screen also required the LVDS extension cable...

It's all set up now, it looks fantastic and YES the screen is as matte as my old screen... :D

No ghosting, also white is white, black is black, colors are so much more vibrant, it is even brighter and has fantastic viewing angles...yes I had to position it properly with tape as I couldn't fix it with screws...

I am just going through photography pages and its looking so beautiful, feels like having a new Notebook :67:

THX luoxia, screen is perfect, no pixel errors...

Had to shop of the screw holes at the side and put two sided cushioned tape on the back, screen also required the LVDS extension cable...

It's all set up now, it looks fantastic and YES the screen is as matte as my old screen... :D

Find forums for sharing ...

I really want to see such a beautiful picture :)

• 4 weeks later...

Registered just because of how much this thread helped me. I've been spending all night trying to figure out compatibility stuff for a completely different laptop (Lenovo x120e) and this thread made everything come together. I'm really curious your source for information on the LP116WH4-SLN2, as panelook just has SLN1. Of note, thought, is SLP1 as another alternative. SLN1 does have mounts according to panelook, SLP1 does not.

A difference I noticed was SLN1 was 8-bit and SLP1 was 6-bit. The thing is both are single channel LVDS, which itself is 6-bit, so I'm not thinking that's a big deal. Also so far as I can tell both are matte.

I had no source about the LP116WH4-SLN2 until they send it to me because the other one was out of stock and the dealer said they are technical identical (except being matte).

It is a very bright and vibrant panel, my new W230ST has a Chi Mei Innolux N133HSE-EA1 IPS panel and the SNL2 easily beats it in brightness by like 3 steps and the white levels of the SNL2 are also much better...