Need game recommendations!

I'm going to put in a recommendation for Payday 2.

It's a lot of fun and the devs continue to actively push the game forward with updates and new DLC. Really shines when you've got a good crew of players (it's a co-op game, not single player, online multi is strongly suggested here).

look over at the guys from humblebundle! they dont give access to new games often but for a few bucks you get a ton of games every week and most of them are purely awesome! they also have a nice store and will give most of what you payed to charity!

you can even decide how much goes to which organisation if you dont like game X or want to give all to charity.

i have 150 games from them by now and it keeps growing, i cant play enough to reduce the steamstaple in a reasonable rate ^^

its really worth a try so go check it out, you get nice games for nearly free and the good feeling to have done something for charity

• 2 weeks later...
If you are interested in MMO's League of Legends and Dota are great games.

They aren't MMOs though...

If you DO want MMOs, STO is pretty good, and Warthunder.

For sandboxy goodness, try Mount and Blade:Warband.

If you don't care for MOBAs like LoL and Dota, you should try out Awesomenauts with a couple friends. It's a side-scroller, faster paced version of a MOBA. The characters are really entertaining and much easier to learn than the popular MOBAs out there.

Sleeping Dogs is a fun game.

Haha +1 for Sleeping Dogs - flicked all the way through and surprised no-one had mentioned it so far. I'm also playing Remember me on PS3 and it's interesting so far. Also LA Noire is definitely worth a look as are Spec Ops The Line, Alan Wake, and Darksiders is also quite fun.I quite like DmC: Devil May Cry (never played any of the others).

Older + Indie games: Original Deus Ex (amazing), Limbo, Deadlight, Dear Esther (not strictly a game, but interesting)

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah I'm expecting a lot from ubisoft the next couple of years, they've created a bit of hype for Watch_Dogs and The Division. As much as I've liked the AC series, I feel like they're just making cookie cutter games, and it doesn't become as fun anymore. Kind of the drop off in game quality from IW's COD:4 to MW2, BO, and so on. Everything after that turned to shit, kind of encouraging other developers to make the same game every year with a few changes to make money. Hope Ubisoft doesn't follow suit.

• 2 weeks later...

Have you tried the recent Castlevania: Lords of shadow trilogy ? (Castlevania: Lords of shadow/Castlevania: Lords of shadow - Mirror of fate/Castlevania: Lords of shadow 2). The Castlevania/Belmond/Dracula story is totaly revisited.

Or you can wait for some futur great neo-retro stuff like :

- Hyper Light Drifter.

- The Way.

- Interference.

- Owlboy.

- Chasm.

- etc.

You should try The Walking Dead by telltale games. Play season 1 which is at an okay price right now. The story will capture you and I can promise you that you will feel for the characters by the end and want more... Which is why they're making season 2... That one is even better somehow!

I would like to reccomend Wolfenstein New Order.....it's just old-school shooter with great level design, good sense of humour, music, there is real new Nazi world climate :). Graphics is rather decent nothing more

Check also New Tropico 5! There are some game mechanics changes at last!

Haha +1 for Sleeping Dogs - flicked all the way through and surprised no-one had mentioned it so far. I'm also playing Remember me on PS3 and it's interesting so far. Also LA Noire is definitely worth a look as are Spec Ops The Line, Alan Wake, and Darksiders is also quite fun.I quite like DmC: Devil May Cry (never played any of the others).

Older + Indie games: Original Deus Ex (amazing), Limbo, Deadlight, Dear Esther (not strictly a game, but interesting)

+1 sleeping dogs also. Had difficulty which one to buy (sleeping dogs or saints row the third) during the steam sale last time. good thing i pick it up.

Bioshock Series, Tomb Raider and Dark souls 2 are also nice

I also recommend The Walking Dead and from me both Witcher games. Thief: Deadly Shadows is maybe old but climatic and interesting game.

There is one game too. Spec Ops: The Line. You may be very sad and depressed in some moments, but plot is very interesting and ambiguous.

If you like strategy games, i would recommend just about any title from the Total War series. Medieval 2, And Shogun 2 i thought were good, however, i wasn't as impressed with the latest title Rome 2

For RPG, Elder Scrolls Skyrim is a must have. If you really want ot go old school, personally, i really liked Phantasy Star IV.

Saints Row 3 & 4 are ok, I had a lot of fun with SR4

Sleeping dogs was lackluster. And while many people are dogging on Thief. I like it and it's keeping me occupied.

I loved GTAV, but who knows how long it will be before they port it to PC.

• 2 weeks later...

Comanpy of Heroes 2 !!! seriously.

A great game you can always play again. the interesting stuff are the internet matches. there is no storyline that could be over, its every match on its own wich its fun!

TA Spring - its free, has crappy graphics but it is a great strategy battle. You can give the units liftime tasks, and well... there is nearly no unit limit. Wich means insane battles :) and creepy opponents wich won´t die and spread like a cancer...

:D if you like strategy.....