Need game recommendations!

• 3 weeks later...
Really struggling to find any new games that captivate my interested. I loved Tomb Raider and Bioshock Infinite but I'm struggling to love Far Cry 3, Crysis 3 and Metro Last Light and probably won't complete these titles.

I think I value a really good story and would be willing to try older games, I just need something to play!

I am aware of steam summer sale and am keeping a close eye on what is cheap but still haven't seen anything I want to play.

I'd really appreciate some recommendations and why specifically you liked that game.

Thanks!

Thats funny because I was the same I just couldn't get myself to love Crysis, Its definitely a good game I just dont find myself really wanting to play it.

I'm playing neverwinter at the moment, it's free on steam.

Neverwinter is great because the leveling is so quick, too. You can hit max level in 2-3 weeks of casual playing. Recommended if you don't have a lot of time but like playing MMO's.

I can't wait for Dark Souls 2!!!!

Agreed, wish they would release the release date for PC. I also wish they had released it on next gen consoles, my wife plays the console version and I'm worried it will barely be an improvement (graphics wise) over Dark Souls. The PC version was great (after DSFix).

So what if its an old thread! I still needz them recommendations! I've just finished playing State of Decay, great fun but could have done with a bit more coherent central storyline.

Also picked up Witcher 2 with redkit mod and combat rebalance in steam sale. Finally picked up Fallout New Vegas in another deal. Its nice that I can play new vegas on max settings and it doesn't even cause my fans to spool up :)

Bit sad to hear Thief is a bit lackluster.

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed you mentioned Metro: Last Light, but not the original Metro 2033. You've probably played it (since you played Last Light) but if not it has an excellent setting and story. The book is good too!

Here are a few more that may or may not have been mentioned. I went through the thread but didn't read every post. These are some of the lesser known(but still pretty well known for the most part) games i've played.

Old games, with great mods to bring some aspects of them up to date (graphics/etc...)

System Shock 2 (maybe the best story of any game, the spiritual ancestor of Bioshock)

Deus Ex

Spec Ops: The Line (seems like your average war game for a bit but the story takes you somewhere else)

The Darkness 2 (decent shooter with a decent story, nothing great but if you're desperate...)

Condemned: Criminal Origins (one of the scariest games ever)

Protoype (like a sandbox super hero game, decent enough story but frustrating gameplay)

Beyond Good and Evil (good story, decent gameplay. lots of people love this one)

LA Noire (great story)

Alan Wake (good story, visuals, kinda creepy)

Darksiders (if you like zelda games, you might like this)

S.t.a.l.k.e.r. (saw this mentioned earlier. it also has several expansions that are good, with Call of Pripyat being the best.

Metro 2033 is really a fun game actually , you should finish it.

Titanfall is a diffrent fun game. Beta was alot of fun.

elder scrolls is also a good game, you can spend so many hours on there with DLC.

If you enjoyed Bioshock infinite, have you played any of the others? I still think the first one stands head and shoulders above the others.

Looking for similar scary stuff? Heck, try the Dead Space series.

Want to see the spiritual 'ancestor' to both Bioshock and Dead Space? Look up System Shock... A much older game, but many folks have put out mods, including HD mods.

Are you more into action-y titles, or RPG type stuff?

I want good enjoyable gameplay like Max Payne 3, and a good storyline like Deus Ex: HR or BioShock Infinite.

I'm currently on Batman: Arkham Asylum.

I'll gibe system shock and LA Noire a shot. Always meant to play them both.

Thanks

Sent from my One S running Kitkat

• 3 weeks later...

Got Dead Space for free on Origin lately, plan on trying that one out as I've heard great things about that series. I'm enjoying Titanfall and Bioshock Infinite atm.

Curious to Elder Scrolls online, I don't usually play that type of game but I'd consider trying a demo, is there one available?

Really struggling to find any new games that captivate my interested. I loved Tomb Raider and Bioshock Infinite but I'm struggling to love Far Cry 3, Crysis 3 and Metro Last Light and probably won't complete these titles.

I think I value a really good story and would be willing to try older games, I just need something to play!

I am aware of steam summer sale and am keeping a close eye on what is cheap but still haven't seen anything I want to play.

I'd really appreciate some recommendations and why specifically you liked that game.

Thanks!

Try this game plus its free online game !

[h=1]America's Army: Proving Grounds[/h]