Asus EEE pad transformer

Jimbo

• Founder

I honestly don't see the point of that EEE PC transformer. If you want a light computer you can take everywhere, get an Apple Macbook air or some cheap shit netbook. I hate these tablets.

Tablet would be nice to use as e-reader, My mate has a sony and it's great, but I already have enough devices, I'm looking to replace, not add to. Also good as a media player etc, but primarily for browsing.

If there's something else out there that gets 16hrs battery life, weighs less than 2.5kg and costs less than $600USD, I'm all ears.

EDIT: And I'm not gonna lie, tablets are still very rare here, I could bask in nerd glory for months!

• Founder
Tablet would be nice to use as e-reader, My mate has a sony and it's great, but I already have enough devices, I'm looking to replace, not add to. Also good as a media player etc, but primarily for browsing.

If there's something else out there that gets 16hrs battery life, weighs less than 2.5kg and costs less than $600USD, I'm all ears.

EDIT: And I'm not gonna lie, tablets are still very rare here, I could bask in nerd glory for months!

When ARM based PC's start shipping by 2013 all your requests will be answered. Windows 8 will have native ARM support and nVidia's project Denver will be firing on all cylinders.

Tablets are ok. Ipad though is just junk. It is my touch, blown up. Seriously, people will dish out HUNDREDS more for a big itouch... The asus eeepad transformer is good competition, same level processor, battery life, screen, etc. I would seriously consider it if I was going to be spending a lot of time on an airplane or something like that

iPad screen looks way better on that video - more vibrant colors and better contrast from what I can see. Otherwise, transformer seems to have much more features and seems better. :) The clock widget looks very cool.

Both the ipad and the transformer both have ips screens, and similar viewing angles. I guess the ipad must have a better gamut or something. If asus did proper advertising and really got this out there, I could see it being a true ipad competitor, now that the xoom tanked.

WTF? How will you read anything written in a reasonable text size?:54_002:

I would imagine you'd have a zoomed in area of text like when I've browsed on my M17X R2 at 1200P I turned txt size up and zoomed in on pages... still so sharp. Can't imagine 1600P let alone at 10.1 inches.

• 1 year later...