Experience with cancelling order/returning laptop?

conscriptvirus

I bought a y500 (650m and 1tb HDD) yesterday for $600 on the outlet site and then saw a better one (750m and 1tb + 16gb ssd) for $611 so got that one instead. I talked to a rep and asked them to cancel my previous order but they said that it may be too late. Since I ordered it yesterday morning, what are the chances that it will actually cancel without getting shipped? And if it does get shipped, is it really easy to return and get a refund? (I know i should get a free return with no extra costs but I've heard someone say they waited months to get a refund).

Whee so excited. I'm coming from a XPS 15 L501x--hopefully this new laptop will be much better

I've purchased from the EPP site from Canada, and I was in the exact same situation before. I wanted to cancel before it was shipped but no dice. Returns were simple enough though, just contact someone from post sales and get them to email you the paid return shipping label. I got my refund after 2 weeks or so, but I DID get a little impatient after 14 working days and emailed them about it to speed it up.

Hope this helps!

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah haha, I just got an email saying my laptop was shipped (~10 hrs after requesting for cancellation). Oh well. At least I'll have something to play with since the other one is coming in on monday. I can already see my CC bill with 2 laptop purchases on it -_-.

Edit: wow its coming on Thursday and ordered on monday.....impressive lenovo