What is your preferred method of transporting your laptop?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I always used shoulder soft commercial bag , but with time and all the stuff I've already broke two, I was start considering a professional one like bag/trolley ... lately I saw a hard shelled alienware shoulder bag like 'Black Mobile Edge Alienware Vindicator' not shure if the bag is hard or just a texture ...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When I was in the army I used to wrap my laptop with a towel (made sure it wasn't wet) and put it all inside my backpack whenever I came back home . Never happened anything to the pc.

Nowadays I put it inside cheap case made from neoprene or something like that and than put it in my backpack.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have an Everki Beacon that I used for my Asus G73 and more recently my P170EM. Great backpack, stores quite a bit comfortably (I used the console sleeve to carry the power supply, beastly thing that it is). Then for my W110ER I use a couple of carriers: A Swissgear Synergy for trips, and a STM 15 Vertical bag for general use.

I have a P170sm-a and I use a Targus Demolition backpack. Its great, and doubles as a camera bag to hold my camera shoulder bag. It opens up really large. I cant really imagine hauling it with all my gear around in another bag.

I have the Alienware backpack originally for the M18x R1 generation. I have since recieved a replacement Alienware 18 so this is my method of transportation for it

Alienware M17x R3 here... with its 5 kilograms... so my prefered option is to leave it on the top of the desk :)))

But seriously:

- it came with a nice sleeve (logo and everything)

- after few days of searching I found a bag that can carry a 17.3 laptop and does not look completely black and boring...

- I prefer to put it in the sleeve, then bag and pointing it with rear down

- I had traveled in car (many many km's), train and bus - so far nothing got damaged broken etc. (except for my shoulder sometimes :) )

- tried to carry in both sleep mode and switched off - no problems with wake-up, even after 8 hour journey in a car

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I really do not like having to move my laptop as it is a bit of a bugbear but when I do it is by backpack.

Of all the backpacks I looked at and tried, the one I found best suited my needs was from Roamlite, the 17" version which I believe might have been the RL13M, but don't quote me on the model number, all I can confirm was that it was the 17"inch version.

There is a padded sleeve in the back compartment that my laptop slips into and an elasticated strap with a square bit of velcro at it's tip that locks it in.

I own a Clevo P370EM (a 17" Laptop) which on it's own it already is a hefty/heavy piece of kit, considering it really is a Desktop replacement system that seemingly (or in reality) weighs as much as a desktop system..

Then comes the brick of a power supply you ALWAYS need to heft around with you on all trips as you would otherwise barely have enough power to do anything worthwhile on this power hungry crossfired Laptop.

My Roamlite comfortably holds both with enough room and extra compartments for a lot more besides i.e. books, cd.s, swimming trunks and towel, phone chargers, maps. a small 1 man tent (rolled up but minus the kitchen sink), etc, you get the jist - and most importantly it does so in relative comfort.

The shouldar pads are padded as is the carry handle and most importantly, the pack is waterproof (at least I never had an issue with the rain getting let in) and the pack is pretty comfortable on those oddish longer hikes one sometimes has to make.

I bought mine on amazon and as I write this after checking on it I see it is going for less than half what it cost me ............grrrrrrr

For the smaller back pack or to hold a 15" laptop I believe a school size bag pack of the same brand should suffice and while I have heard some people complain that the pack has fallen apart on them, mine has remained in pretty good condition - one secret, anytime I see a fraying of threads I simply put my lighter to it and pat down the residue..

Personally as an AW 18 owner, I find that the only real way I can transport my laptop is with the unincluded 18 incher bagpack. Anything else, such as those 18 inch sleeves, hold the laptop alright, but unless you can put that weight on your back, you're probably not going very far with it. The power supply is a nuisance as well.