What is your preferred method of transporting your laptop?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My 11" I carry in a sleeve type case, as it is used for day trips mostly and battery life is 10 hrs so I only need my mouse.

My 15" has a full soft case with pockets for charger, scanner, mouse, and various cables. A "test" drop on a corner from 2-3' produced no damage.

Well, it was an unplanned "test".

A hard case is a matter of preference, but IMHO they r breakable/bendable and not as "flexible" - carry wise or storage wise.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My laptop backpack came included with my lenovo y570 purchase from newegg a while back. Nice and padded, and extra slots for books/material. Same black/orange color scheme as the laptop also!

With the smaller ones (11") I tend to go minimal / sleeve only, since I use them mainly while moving and don't want to carry a lot.

The bigger ones (15" & 17") are carried in a backpack with a padded laptop pocket.

I'm having trouble finding something reasonably professional that matches the mountain equipment co-op backup I've been using for a decade. Professional laptop/messenger bags just don't seem to have much space. I'm looking for suggestions, or experience if anyone uses timbuktu and/or crumplers.

For non-work travel, I much prefer a hiking daypack. Well made, large, flexible pockets make a lot of difference. Good materials ensure that the empty pack is still light.

I pop my laptop into a 16 inch Targus sleeve then place it into my padded Targus backpack. I haven't had a single issue and I have dropped the backpack a couple of times forgetting the laptop was in there.

I have a 15-inch and have been using a padded Targus carry bag since 2010. Sometimes I instead put the computer in my backpack when going to classes though (comp sci major in college/university).

I have a Y510p and put it in a Wenger sleeve and then in a Wenger laptop carrying case for a 17". I've dropped it twice with no damage (yes, I'm a klutz). I carry a power supply, Razer mouse and pad, long Ethernet cable and a bunch of screen wipes.

Well, seeing as how my Y500 is a borderline DTR notebook I prefer carrying it in a high quality backpack - usually I'm also bring my charger and mouse along so a smaller carrier just doesn't have the capacity to fit everything comfortably. If you need to bring your workhorse into a conservative professional setting, though, it'll still be best to stick with the old fashioned messenger bag/briefcase.

I traveled from South Dakota to Colorado, Colorado to Japan, then my final destination Guam. Using the Slappa M.A.S.K. Jedi Mind Trix. Notebook on hand was the Sager 9570/ Clevo P570WM with two Power Bricks, Astro A50's, PS Vita and Logitech G700 S Was quite a work out lugging 20+ Lbs but everything fit securely. Airport screening was a breeze due to the TSA approved lay flat notebook sleeve.

I have a bag that fits my 15.6" notebook really well. It has a sling so I can carry it around with me. However it's not waterproof so whenever it all suddenly rains I must find shelter ASAP :unconscious: