STEAM Summer Sale 2013

Brian

Im soo glad its over! Granted its an awesome sale but I would make myself poor! I picked up Borderlands 2, Arkham City, Payday: The Heist, Awesomenauts, Scribblenaut unlimited, and alot of Borderlands DLC. I wish There was more than 50% off of Bioshock Infinite cause I would have picked that up too.

• 4 weeks later...

I didn't purchase a thing from this year's summer sale and that is a first for me. My backlog is getting so big now that I'm actually able to show restraint until I am able to complete some more of my many games.

I was thinking about getting The Witcher 2, I heard that was a great game.

It's a great game but make sure you have the hardware requirements to make the cut! A desktop GTS 450 is absolute minimum and a mobile GT 650M likewise absolute minimum! It is one demanding game!

Went into this sale not expecting to spend too much considering I only recently got a decent gaming capable PC, I'm leaving the sale having spent well upwards of £70.

My steam library has expanded from a measly 4-7 games, to 59 in the space of the sale.

I guess I kinda have a huge backlog of games to play through now.

Ahh well, definitely worth it lol :)

That's how all Steam sales go. It's just too hard to resist! :D

Tell me about it. With all the Wintersales and spring sales I had picked up all three of Mass Effect, Crysis 1-2 (Full pack of all Crysis 2 related), Homeworld 1 & 2, Witcher 1 & 2, GTA (all of them), etc. I am so far behind I actually just sort of stare at my list now. Was vry bad because Amazon, EA, Steam, D2D, etc. all had 'get rid of sales' I really couldn't resist (I think for M.E. I spent $20 for all three!, and I so remember not to long ago ME3 was $59!).

---

I had previously (last year) picked up New Vegas online, was like $4.99! I was first initially stumped at the open environment and was getting killed left right and center (no I never made it out of the town you start in). I took a break then learned some more about the game and tried again, I got lucky and got some stuff to one side that helped me survived first off against those armor plated scorpions. When I started to venture out whereever I wanted I was again a bit stymied about such a open landscape and was getting bored right off (sort of like watching EVE players 'mining' Wooo hoo that loooks like fun... hours after hours..). Then I found the MAP showing every location to the game, so I made it a personal challenge to just access every spot on the map! WOW! Now the game was fun!!!

I did all sorts of things 'out of script', running into people and places 'out of order' and completely was random for the ending sequence (I had to watch the youtube to see all the different endings OMG!). My kids thought it was funny me getting bottlecaps all the time, my 5 yr old son dug one up and handed to me, said it would help in my game! LOL . Anyway, I didn't learn till 60% of the map was done about the 'building' of weapons and such. I thought it was a waste of time initially so I put it out of my mind, OH WAS I WRONG! I had more fun with my weapons then I did just adventuring around.

My second oldest son decided to send me the Ultimate edition.It is still sitting there unwrapped as I have Mass Effect (1 thru 3) , Witcher 1 & 2 , all stil unplayed.