Dell/Alienware warranty and overseas transfer

Jimbo

So as many of you know, I'll be buying an M18x in the near future. It will almost certainly be coming from the US, as the Aussie site -

1. STILL doesn't have it up.

2. Will almost certainly charge $4000+ for the base spec.

I'm aware that the warranty can be transferred, but I need to know about the accidental damage cover, because I don't have a good record in this area.

Can the accidental cover be transferred in the same way? I would be getting the 3 or 4 year "advanced service plan".

Many thanks...

• Founder

It may not transfer though I'm not sure. The best thing to do would be to call Dell USA and ask them if the complete care warranty would transfer if you were to relocate to Australia (don't tell them you're importing it).

• Thumbs Up 1

From what I've checked, - The best warranty we have in oz is Premier Service. A quick check - Dell - Help Me Choose: Warranty and Service shows that there is nothing more than the basic USA coverage. So having said that, I wouldn't recommend getting it, but I still say go with Brian's advice and check by calling and asking.

• Thumbs Up 1

Crap. :(

If I get this far and am stymied by warranty, somebody may get thrown off a cliff. Just to make me feel better, you understand.

So if I call dell USA, they won't know I'm calling from AUS? I mean, the taxi company knows my address the instant they pick up...