Problems with Nvidia 320.49 drivers

my414

So I have really been enjoying my new lenovo y500 and the game World Of Tanks which I play almost daily. I have recently bought metro last light and I noticed very bad performance. I found out that the problem may be that the stock drivers that came with my laptop are outdated an do not work with the game. So when the new drivers finally came out I downloaded and installed them. I played metro last light for 10 hours straight with almost maximum settings and it was great. Now that I beat the game I went back to world of tanks and it was completely unplayable. I would get horrible black lines going down the screen with triple buffering disabled and get weird stuttering issues with it turned on. The odd thing is that it worked fine before the new drivers and it now works fine when running in windowed mode (which I do not like). I thought at first it was the game but it works in windowed mode and worked before the drivers. Note: this only happens with SLI turned on. Although I get 20-25 fps without sli. This means I have to turn down the graphics a good amount to make it playable or leave them maxed in windowed mode. (Neither of which i prefer) So I was wondering if I am the only person with this problem and if there was a fix to this. Thanks

It seems that I could not get it to show up in a recorded video while the problem was happening which makes even less sense to me. Why does it show up on the screen and not the video.

• 4 weeks later...

I had also problems with SLI on my Y500 with 320.49 drivers. 1) Download the 320.49 drivers. 2) Uninstall old drivers. 3) Make sure that the driver is also uninstalled from your system hardware list. 4) Install new drivers and restart laptop. 5) Configure Nvidia in control panel to use SLI.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi. I had also problems with this driver. I have Clevo P170EM notebook and when I was using external display (or listening music by my amplituner Onkyo TX-NR509 using HDMI), the temperature of my GTX 675MX was constantly rising without gpu fan kicking in (it looked like mobo/bios didn't monitor gpu temp). Well when I saw what was going happening my notebook hit 126C and shut down. Fortunately for me, my graphic card survived. The thing that helped me, was installing newest driver 326.80. I wonder if someone have also similiar problem.