Nvidia 555 vs All

Everybody wonders where the 460mGTX compares to the 555. Here is a benchmark from the asus forums to let you know on a base model with the 2630qm and the 460.

Result

ASUS G73SW Owners' Lounge (wrist slap for pasting NBR link).. sorry had to to provide info

Not bad figuring I've already topped 83xx. So the 555 is not far off from the 460. We are not equal by any means, but not far off.

BW,

StevenX

• Thumbs Up 3

@ark - you must also download the inf file and copy it into the install folder.. and voila

And where is that inf file? I never thought this inf file would go this far. I was clearly under the impression that everything is fixed for optimus and alienware.

• Founder
Everybody wonders where the 460mGTX compares to the 555. Here is a benchmark from the asus forums to let you know on a base model with the 2630qm and the 460.

Result

ASUS G73SW Owners' Lounge (wrist slap for pasting NBR link).. sorry had to to provide info

Not bad figuring I've already topped 83xx. So the 555 is not far off from the 460. We are not equal by any means, but not far off.

BW,

StevenX

Yep looks like it's falling into place as expected - slightly below 460M performance. Not bad for the 14" form factor although one glaring problem I see with the M14x design (likely done because of weight) was the lack of a second GPU + sink. I saw in the pics posted here of the M14x that there is a vent for the 2nd fan so it's possible there might be a fan header on the motherboard too. Might be worth looking into for extra cooling.

And where is that inf file? I never thought this inf file would go this far. I was clearly under the impression that everything is fixed for optimus and alienware.

download the GPU driver from NVIDIA or from laptopvideo2go.com

then you have to download the .INF file (a modified file that which enables you to install the drivers): Look for you OS version and more instructions at Drivers | drivers for mobile cards and laptops | laptopvideo2go.com

when you already have the drivers and the .INF try to install the driver, choose for location files, (eg c:\nvidia) at that location will unzip the files

then...app can not install saying it can't find hardware...wherever... and the application quits...no problem

go to the location where you unzipped the files (eg c:\nvidia) and then copy the. INF that you get from LaptopVideo2Go, replaces the original file

thats all!

• Thumbs Up 1