Check out what I saw on the main site's traffic stats

Brian

• Founder

dellswatching2.png

Dun dun dun...:02: I guess they wanted Tech|Inferno to teach them how to do a cooling mod for their R1/R2? LOL!!! There's going to be some more M17x articles featured on the front page along with a review of Asus G73 soon! The official launch of the page and forum isn't until Friday so those of you that are here right now are by special invitation...don't you feel special? :)

• Thumbs Up 1

There's going to be some more M17x articles featured on the front page along with a review of Asus G73 soon! The official launch of the page and forum isn't until Friday so those of you that are here right now are by special invitation...don't you feel special? :)

Yeh Feeling kinda special

Look's like I am one of the first real members/contributors here, everyone else here seems to be a Mod/Admin lol

The forum looks nice , not as flashy as the Red theme you were trying earlier ,Brian

• Thumbs Up 1

• Founder
Yeh Feeling kinda special

Look's like I am one of the first real members/contributors here, everyone else here seems to be a Mod/Admin lol

The forum looks nice , not as flashy as the Red theme you were trying earlier ,Brian

Well we were experimenting, you should have seen the red flashy theme we had for the main site :) Well we're pretty much done, just optimizing and filling our main site with content and then launching later this week. Welcome to the forum.

Well we were experimenting, you should have seen the red flashy theme we had for the main site :) Well we're pretty much done, just optimizing and filling our main site with content and then launching later this week. Welcome to the forum.

and to think i was all excited dell (or the like) might be dropping in to help launch the site by revealing some exclusive new product information... only to enter the thread and find in reality dell themselves ironically seeking information on their own product, lol - geesh! :P

Edited by vikingrinn
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Founder
and to think i was all excited dell was coming here to help launch the site by revealing some exclusive new product information... only to enter the thread and find they themselves ironically seeking dell product information, lol - geesh! :P

Haha would be nice if they gave us some M18x news. So did you get your R3 yet?

Haha so what happened to the discount? Hopefully they let you hold on to it for the new new fixed (we promise) version of the R3.

yep, when it's relaunched that's all still in place - which is why the curiousness to the launch window on the M18x as well... ;)

• Founder

If you get that M18x for a discounted price then you'll be way ahead of the game. Of course, with the the M17x-R2 bios now unlocked, we might see some new GPU support there. ;)

Hi everyone new here I haven't been in any forums. I was marcwaters86 at freeforums and I joined here as mw86 instead. I'm happy to be here. I'm amongst great people here. First Alienware I've ever owned and I feel like I've joined a wonderful communuty. Thanks for having me. Oh and yes the cooling mods should be implemented. Rather should have been shipped like that from the start using more dependable materials like the ones suggested in the guide. Dell back from 2004 to 2006 (dates could be wrong) sold faulty hardware they claimed in all cases was the clients fault when in fact there was physical server hardware that had over heating capacitors that burst. To get to the point if Dell decided to use only the best then they may have a chance to be a name to stand behind. I love my M17X R2 but I have noticed throttling problems on graphics with the HD5870 crossfired that as pointed out could have easily been solved with more dependable materials like high quality thermal material on their processors and gpus.

• 4 months later...