Help with OWC Helios + 770GTX + HP Spectre XT

mal3x

My setup is as follows:

HP Spectre XT Touchscreen - Thunderbolt port

OWC Helios - found one for good price on ebay

Nvidia GTX 770

The laptop recognizes the OWC as soon as I plug it in, but it will not recognize the video card at all. No unrecognized device, no video device, simply no change in device manager. I am powering the GTX 770 using the OWC power supply + an XBOX 360 203W power adapter . The VGA fans turn on as soon as I turn on the laptop.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

I will try that Frula, Thank you.

Hi,

Did you keep the case or you have just used the Thunderbolt to PCI adapter out of it?

Cheers

I have pulled both pcb boards from the case, and I was planning on building my own.

Still no go. I am running Windows 8 64 UEFI, I'll try Windows 7 as well.

Try with Win 7, and also maybe you are cutting it too close for power req,as gtx770 uses 200W i think,if you have regular atx psu to try.

Power supply is fine, I tested it with a desktop supply and same thing.

Am I doing something wrong as far as the procedure for connecting the thunderbolt? I plug in the OWC before I turn it on, and the laptop boots up with no issues, but I only get PCI-PCI devices added in control panel and no unrecognized/vga devices.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.