Macbook Pro vs Windows 8 Laptop

robzie

Question

Hello everybody, I am in the market for a new laptop that will fit my needs as well as not break the bank ($1000-1500 range). I like to do some light gaming, but I read that there are much more games for PC then for mac. But isnt it possible to run windows 7 on macbook pros? This is my first post so sorry if I sound like a noob, but i look forward to what you guys think. thanks

• Thumbs Up 1

both windows and mac are great laptops but for that budget i would say go windows. you can get much better specs for less depending on the company and on top of that windows usually run games a bit better compared to mac. i have noticed that on my friends mac. However if you are getting a gaming laptop i would recommend a good strong cooling pad due to the laptop getting a bit hot from the gpu

used Windows for 20 years, last year moved to Mac. never looked back. that's all I am gonna say.

Awesome to hear it Michael I may get a Mac as well some day. Ill always have a PC because I try to keep busy repairing computers and lol the average computer that breaks down is a windows PC haha. I started on a Mac as a kid lol.

• Founder
Awesome to hear it Michael I may get a Mac as well some day. Ill always have a PC because I try to keep busy repairing computers and lol the average computer that breaks down is a windows PC haha. I started on a Mac as a kid lol.

nice Marc, i really think that for a non gamer there aren't many platforms that are better.

If you think you'll use both OS's then definitely buy a Mac. It's much easier to use Windows on a Mac than trying to convert a PC into a hackintosh. Macs do tend to be relatively higher priced for comparable specs, but the quality is exceptional. My old Macbook Core 2 Duo (ca 2007) is still running strong!

nice Marc, i really think that for a non gamer there aren't many platforms that are better.

couldnt agree more it is one of the smoothest OS i used, and last I used was Panther or Leopard :) it has been awhile. I barely game myself these days as well.

I'm not very experienced with it but I dare say some linux distro's can be good contenders if you are willing to spend some time in configuring things exactly the way you like them to be.

i recommend you windows laptop... usually it have better specifications than mac...

if your main purpose for laptop is gaming, then you should go with windows laptop definitely.

for example, with 1499$, you can buy mac book pro and able to play LOL.

if you spend that money to windows laptop, you can buy ASUS G751JT.. which can play most of the games with high settings.

Hello everybody, I am in the market for a new laptop that will fit my needs as well as not break the bank ($1000-1500 range). I like to do some light gaming, but I read that there are much more games for PC then for mac. But isnt it possible to run windows 7 on macbook pros? This is my first post so sorry if I sound like a noob, but i look forward to what you guys think. thanks

Keep in mind you can also make your windows computer into a hackintosh. That way you can get a good high performance computer with os x on it

Last November I bought the new Macbook pro for my girlfriend as her brithday present. Since she's not playing video game, the Intel pro graphic only version is more than enough for her daily basic usage and plus I save a bit on the price tag. So far so good, she's really satisfied with her gift :untroubled: