[SOFWARE MOD] Light FX dynamic link library

savvas

Light FX dynamic link library (a.k.a. AlienFX)

-What it is:

This is a custom dynamic link library (DLL) intended for Clevo models with backlit keyboards. It provides a compatibility layer between Clevo machines and the LightFX API for the games that support it

-Why not include it in the Backlight Controller thread?

While technically it appears to do the same job as the Backlight controller, in reality it’s a totally different piece of software. It helps me manage your reports and requests easier. Please post only Light FX related questions on this thread

-Project status:

A first public beta is available for download

-Issues/bugs:

Clevos have few keyboard colors so some effects might not be enjoyed to their full potential

-Prerequisites:

-Hotkey driver MUST be installed and working.

-.NET 4.5 is required. Windows 8 have it by default. Other systems need to install it by hand.

-Installation:

Run the setup and follow the instructions

-Disabling effect temporarily

You can do it via the Backlight controller app with the option to enable/disable the effects

Keep in mind that this is still a BETA.

It means that bugs are normal to be found. We will try to address them in turn but you’ll have to be patient.

I’d welcome any comments or bugs you may have to report but in order to make it easier I want you to always post your specs along with a detailed explanation of what you are reporting.

Also make sure that the problem is repeatable.

-Licenses

This is freeware. You may use it freely. I would appreciate distributors interested contacting one of us first .

-Download

You can download the app from here (look in the Backlight Controller thread for the new unified installer) or from out site: clevomods | home of the Custom light controller and LightFX library

• Thumbs Up 6

i'm afraid not. It doesn't work that way.

Every key has 3 LEDs under it, red,green and blue. To produce a color the 3 LEDs receive a specific amount of voltage each.

Those ratios are fixed (at least for now).

yes it is!

still the result of the library is so good that the lack of colors goes unnoticed.

one request guys.

if you play a game with light fx, write here what it does so other people can read it

I tried it with World Of Tanks and it works ! I see the health of my tank on my keyboard. I don't know if I own other games that use LightFX so it's the only thing I can say about that for now.

EDIT : I forgot to mention I had to stop the audio effect on your controller app. I post it here because I don't know if it's more useful in this thread or in the other.

EDIT 2 : I tried Hotline Miami with the Alienware option switched on and the game has stopped working...

EDIT : I forgot to mention I had to stop the audio effect on your controller app. I post it here because I don't know if it's more useful in this thread or in the other.

Yeah, since both apps do the same they are competing with each other if you run them at the same time. I'll see about implementing some code to stop the backlight controller while lightfx are running. In the mean time, just don't run them together

EDIT 2 : I tried Hotline Miami with the Alienware option switched on and the game has stopped working...

Have you looked inside the game folder if there's a lightfx.dll there somewhere?

What are the effects supposed to be in that?

I looked and I saw a AlienInMiami.dll. I tried to put your lightfx.dll and renamed it to AlienInMiami but it keep crashing.

This is the crash log :

ERROR in

action number 1

of Create Event

for object objBackgroundColor:

In script scrAlienWarePink:

Error in code at line 1:

if global.alienware=1 external_call(global.iAlienRotatePink);

at position 44: Unknown variable iAlienRotatePink

a list with the games that support alienFX:

Games that Support AlienFX

Mod Note: Updated the link above that goes directly to the source (Dell). Here's a copy of what they officially list as supported:

Games and Applications that supports AlienFX
Article Summary: Games and Applications that supports AlienFX
Note: Please bookmark this article as restarts of the computer are recommended during the process to help resolve issues.
Table of Contents: 1. Applies for: 2. List of Games 3. List of Applications
Applies for:

All Alienware Desktops and Laptops that supports AlienFX.

List of Games

• Supreme Commander 2 - Switches color depending on faction used. Blue for UEF, green for Illuminate, etc., keyboard flashes Red and Blue when Strategic missle is launched.
  • Dark Void - Flashes keyboard lights based on different situations.
  • Sacred 2 - Makes the lights flash excessively. Can someone elaborate more on this one please?
  • World in Conflict - Flashes a yellow and red strobe when Nuke is launched.
  • Fallen Earth - Flashes keyboard yellow when you gain AP or a level, then goes dark.
  • The Witcher: Enhanced Edition
  • The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition
  • Cities XL
  • City of Heroes: Going Rogue
  • Blacklight: Tango Down
  • Blacklight: Retribution
  • Jumpgate Evolution
  • Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West
  • League of legends
  • Fable III
  • Dungeon Siege III
  • Magic The Gathering 2012
  • World of Tanks
  • Overlord 2
  • Payday the Heist
  • APB Reloaded
  • Serious Sam 3: BFE
  • Battlefield 3 (with 27 April 2012 patch)
  • Quantum Conundrum
  • Nexuiz
  • Orcs Must Die 2
  • Hotline Miami
List of Applications

• Windows Media Player
  • iTunes
  • Outlook Mail

Thank you for your inquiry,

The Alienware Support Team

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...