Alienware m15x is no more?

In a bold move Alienware decided to take the m15x outta the market. This is surprising to a lot of us since it m15x was still up on Tuesday, it seems we got ninja nerfed again.

There is a big article about it in engadget which i am linking (hope I don't get the ban-hammer)

In my humble opinion I think this was a calculated move by AW to replace the M15x with the m14x.

Will this be the last we hear about the all powerful m15x? omly time will tell.

Link to engadget article.

Dell kills Alienware M15x, government denies it ever existed -- Engadget

• Thumbs Up 1

Seems logical, as having a 14" and a 15" is market crossover to the extreme. But I'd think there may well be a market for a pimped out 15" with as much GPU power as they can ram down its throat. Even if it ended up much thicker/heavier than the M14, at least it would separate the models.

• Founder

Yeah the writing was on the wall for the M15x for a long time. This comes as no surprise to me whatsoever. The M14x took the M15x's place while M15x has been "upgraded" to M17x-R3. I still think Del should create a 15.6" loaded with a 100W video card but I doubt they will, it would destroy M17x-R3 sales.

I personally don't see the point of the M14x, If anything I would prefer the 15 than a puny 14inch screen. I think AW made a mistake, yes I understand that they want to put some distance between the 14 and 17, but by that standard the next to go is the 17. leaving us with the m11x-r3. m14x-R1 and m18x-R1

And engadget fails again... first they used the picture of an Area51 (legacy) model, now they have the M17x above the article... It shouldn't be too hard to get a picture of the actual product... lol.

I still think Del should create a 15.6" loaded with a 100W video card but I doubt they will, it would destroy M17x-R3 sales.

At least there's the DIY option... :D

But a SB update would've been really great, or better, Ivy Bridge.