Y510 wifi whitelist removal?

Panzer06

Hi svl7

i use the tool insydeflash v5 to flash the moded bios of y510p

but it always show this error

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8869[/ATTACH]

I don't know what you're trying to flash, but it definitely won't work.

New Output from y510p: [ATTACH]8870[/ATTACH]

Thanks... my program still seems to return some random bytes in some places, no idea why... but it should suffice for now. Time to mod.

i fix the problem by your tool fptw64

but there is an other problem

i use the right cb01 slic bin with phoniextool

but the marker still invaluedated

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8871[/ATTACH]

I don't give support on issues with activation mods, sorry.

Svl7, Do you need anything else from the y510p?

Yes, a GPU-Z screenshot would be nice.

@svl7

One Y510p GPU-Z Screenshot coming up.

Nice, that's what I expected.

I downloaded the tool and tried to run it, but receive this error each time:

Any suggestions?

Nevertheless, here are the GPU-Z screenshots from my Y410P:

Yeah, it's a DOS tool, won't run in Windows.

Why does your system use an older vbios version? Is there a difference between the Y410p and the Y510p? Which bios version is on your system?

As far as I knew, the only difference between the 410P and 510P was the screen size.

My BIOS is 74CN26WW (V1.07)

As for the tool, I tried running via command prompt but I get an error stating that it's not compatible due to my system running 64-bit Windows 8.

post-16761-1449499601857_thumb.gif

I tried running it through DOSBox but couldn't get it sorted.

As far as I knew, the only difference between the 410P and 510P was the screen size.

My BIOS is 74CN26WW (V1.07)

As for the tool, I tried running via command prompt but I get an error stating that it's not compatible due to my system running 64-bit Windows 8.

I tried running it through DOSBox but couldn't get it sorted.

Yeah well, DOSBox != DOS. You need to run it from DOS to get it working. Anyway, it doesn't really matter anymore as I already got some dumps.

The Lenovo Y510p / Y410p BIOS mod has been moved to a separate thread, please check here for files and details:

http://forum.techinferno.com/lenovo-ibm/4668-lenovo-y410p-y510p-unlocked-bios-wlan-whitelist-mod-vbios-mod.html

• Thumbs Up 2

This must be painful for you, svl7, but please know your help is appreciated immensely.

I right-click and run as admin on the "backup.bat" file, a command window pops up briefly and then disappears. I'm assuming the BIOS backup is supposed to be overwriting the backup.bat file?

I try to drag and drop the backup.bat to the fixer and get told "invalid input file. Make sure it's a proper dump of BIOS version v1.07".

I open the flash tool and it says "Press any key to continue", and it goes through three successive screens of text before flashing this error: "Error 200: Invalid parameter value specified by user. Use -? option to see help", and then the program quits.

I'm sorry for being so illiterate on this, but I'm ripping my hair out as much as anyone being so close to being able to "fix" my computer, and yet being so far away..!

Win8 has it's issues with .bat files and running them directly. Open an elevated cmd propmt, navigate to the folder with the fpt stuff and the bat file and then type backup.bat and hit enter.

• Thumbs Up 1