All m14x owners... Need your help with Speaker or Audio!

Ok.. You all know we have 3 speakers. Two on the panel below the monitor and 1 sub.

My question is this... On my machine, I have a much heaver TWEET or clear high on the right side then on the left side of the panel. when I cover the right speaker it sounds like my left one has a lot of mid but very little tweet. I can't tell if it's blown or that's just how this laptop is setup. I dont get crackling or anything like that.

Your opion and results are very important.

Thanks, StevenX

Well actually it does sound kind of different for both left and right channels. I think mine's heavier on the left. The right is ok.. but i guess it depends on the person's desire level of sound.

I bet it can be tweaked with the software?

Fixed this mess... Open Realtek HD audio manager. Go to speaker headphone tab. MAXX stereo defaults to left being less strong than right.. stupid stupid stupid.

The sad thing is to change it and save it you must create a custom profile so just create custom1 or something and save it in the middle at 50 percent for MAXX STEREO.

Stupid...

• Thumbs Up 1

Speaking of the speakers and their audio...

Does anyone here a "pop" noise sometimes from them like when you open a file or do something on the computer?

Both of the M14x's do them and it's kind of strange

• 8 months later...

mmm in mine its ok the sound but now i have a question for you is your grill in the left speaker side kinda elevated? mine is alittle bit i can tell because when i push the left side of the speaker i can feel how it isnt holding good and elevated and the right side i push with my finger and its ok.

Speaking of the speakers and their audio...

Does anyone here a "pop" noise sometimes from them like when you open a file or do something on the computer?

Both of the M14x's do them and it's kind of strange

The pop sound when sound starts can be a powersaving setting tell it not to power save on your system speakers and it wont pop after no sound for 30secs.... its meant for battery but it gets annoying it on all of our systems so its true for almost all these laptops.