New model of battery ?

lalihifi

Hey I was looking into it. There might be a non oem battery that Might be a little more powerful. But Try to take your battery out while laptop is opened the bottom of the screen keeps the battery from coming out, so a battery that stick out the back like lenovo is known for would not fit in this instance so probably not lenovo's web site is being dumb so I cant pull an offical answer off of their website. But I checked once and if I remember it they don't make one. Amazon my go to for this stuff yielded A lot of batteries but all of them stuck out the back so I would say they are a no go none of them listed the Y500 but listed l500 ect. Ebay, only had 72 w/hr batteries which came in my laptop.

So if you have a 6 cell battery then you can get a 9 cell 72 w/hr battery but I have only seen those in OEM.