675MX to a 770M?

DDR... Double Data Rate.... 2000 or 1000 doesn't matter, it's just a way of looking at it. Some people would say it's 4000MHz cause of the way GDDR5 works, but that's just non-sense if you ask me, your ram is at 1000MHz and that's all fine. If you want to call it 2000, fair enough, that's up to you. Point is it's running as it should.

DDR... Double Data Rate.... 2000 or 1000 doesn't matter, it's just a way of looking at it. Some people would say it's 4000MHz cause of the way GDDR5 works, but that's just non-sense if you ask me, your ram is at 1000MHz and that's all fine. If you want to call it 2000, fair enough, that's up to you. Point is it's running as it should.

Do you ever have difficulty using NVIDIA GeForce Experience after installing a new GPU? I had it before the new GPU, but attempted to delete it by removing all of the files from the GeForce Experience files from the program files folder (thinking it would somehow help with the installation) and now all that is left is the GeForce Experience program on the Programs and Features. However, when I attempt to uninstall that, literally nothing happens. I get the "loading" cursor for half a second, then nothing. When I attempt to reinstall GeForce Experience, I get this error:

post-15246-14494995799321_thumb.jpg

Perhaps I need a modded file for that too haha

I can pull 175W from the wall on my 150W PSU when running benchmarks or gaming so the mo/bo is certainly able to handle more.

Possibly more still if using a 240W PSU. You might have heat issues running a 100W card overclocked though.

EDIT: Removed incorrect information....

Other than that I saw rifi-fifi get some impressive benchmarks using 675MX in M15x.

A Clevo card will not have auto fan control even if you flash to a Dell vBIOS.

That's simply wrong.

Please don't post random assumptions of yours that you assume to be true for no reason. Fan control will work perfectly fine when using the 670mx.

Same goes for the 680m, 780m, 660m etc.

AMD is a different story.

It's pretty simple, don't post stuff you're not sure about because people will take your word for it, and that's true in general for posting online. Example: Why do think so many people still avoid AS5 as thermal paste? Just because some random users claimed it to be conductive, which is utter nonsense, yet that story is still being taken as true by many users.

I mean even you just said " I'd read that for another card"... lets stick to posting what we now to be actually true or else at least add that it might not be the whole truth.

People who have no idea about the subject will read posts with half-truths or even complete non-sense and take it to be true, which can cause serious issues.

• Thumbs Up 1

AMD is a different story.

It's pretty simple, don't post stuff you're not sure about because people will take your word for it, and that's true in general for posting online. Example: Why do think so many people still avoid AS5 as thermal paste? Just because some random users claimed it to be conductive, which is utter nonsense, yet that story is still being taken as true by many users.

I mean even you just said " I'd read that for another card"... lets stick to posting what we now to be actually true or else at least add that it might not be the whole truth.

People who have no idea about the subject will read posts with half-truths or even complete non-sense and take it to be true, which can cause serious issues.

By the way, and going back to the topic, (just out of curiosity):

Which version (dell & clevo) of 680m has given the best results on m15x?.

I know the clevo one has 4 gb ram and i suppose the reason that ram is useful (textures & res), rather i'm referring about pure performance in games ( oc limits, heat, benchmarks ...) always speaking of our dear m15x :)

I seem to remember that Dell's 680 reachs higher benchs in some alienwares, but i probably may be wrong

PS: (Very happy to know Artic silver 5 is a good thermal paste. I have just bought one last week thinking in my future gpu upgrade lol)

Hi guys, I just installed the Nvidia display driver 320.49 with the modified INF file. However, after rebooting, it doesn't seem to work properly. In device manager, it says "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. Any ideas guys?

Hi guys, I just installed the Nvidia display driver 320.49 with the modified INF file. However, after rebooting, it doesn't seem to work properly. In device manager, it says "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. Any ideas guys?
  • Thumbs Up 2

• 3 weeks later...
Oh, yeah, I forgot about that.

[ATTACH]8419[/ATTACH]

I logged a stress test I completed, and attached it below. Maybe it can help more because it's more in depth.

[ATTACH]8420[/ATTACH]

It would appear the GPU Clock is maxing out at 862.3 MHz, and the GPU Memory Clock is maxing out at 1002.4 MHz.

Here's the specifications on NVIDIA's website:

GeForce GTX 770M | Specifications | GeForce

Thanks again for everything!

Im unable to download the BIOS you upload, I need it, because my Alienware m15x does not want to install Windows, it just goes white screen and restart, i can enter BIOS, and the installer, but the first boot, it just don't work... can you help me to download it?

Thanks in Advance!

• 2 months later...

Thanks for this svl7 - really appreciate it - quick question though - does this work if I replace it with the latest driver version from Nvidia or does it only work with 320.40 WHQL?

Again - thank for being such an awesome resource on these boards!

• 2 months later...