675MX to a 770M?

Just like you could flash a 580m to a 675m, do you think eventually a 675mx could be flashed to a 770m? They appear to be really similar 960 cores on both

The 675mx actually seems to be a bit better then the 770m, with a memeory bus width of 256. The 770m has a bus width of 192

675mx is GK104, 770m is GK106. Won't work. Besides why would you even want to do this? The 675mx is the better performer.

Haha, not sure really. I was just wondering if it would be possible. I don't think flashing the 580m to a 675m did much for performance either I just thought it was interesting you could do things like that

• 2 weeks later...
*Please* tell me you have a vBIOS Mod for the GeForce GTX 770m. My Alienware M15x isn't accepting my new 770m, and I don't know what else to do.

Well, what exactly is the problem? What happens if you put the card in the M15x?

Well, what exactly is the problem? What happens if you put the card in the M15x?

When I insert the card, the computer starts up normally. However, GeForce Experience does not detect the new card, nor does the Device Manager. The only thing under Display Adapters is "Standard VGA Adapter". Whenever I attempt to install new drivers, I get the error, "Nvidia driver update can not detect any compatible hardware." I've tried many different drivers from different sites, and all give the same error. Thank you so much for your time and consideration. Let me know if you need any information or anything whatsoever.

P.S. I'm on Windows 7 Home Premium 64x

Old drivers? You mean the GPU drivers you had on the system before you got the 770m? Uninstall them.

Should I simply remove the program in the Control Panel, or should I worry about the Registry and program files as well?

I forgot to mention, HWInfo64 detects the new GPU, so I don't think it's DOA.

Download the 320.40 WHQL driver from Nvidia, extract the files and replace the attached .inf file with the original one in the 'Display.Driver' folder.

Will that work for 680m as well? Or do you have the inf file for that? Someone on NBR is looking for that.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/alienware-m15x/725555-questions-680m-m15x.html

Can you give me a copy of your vbios?

Of course! Just let me know how.

Download the 320.40 WHQL driver from Nvidia, extract the files and replace the attached .inf file with the original one in the 'Display.Driver' folder.

I can't find the 320.40 WHQL on Nvidia's website, will the 320.49 WHQL work? Or is that what you meant? I apologize for the ignorance.

That's the one I meant.

- - - Updated - - -

I was just trying to help a fellow M15x owner....I think they are going to join here anyway to get the vBIOS packs you made after donating.

Feel free to mod a a .inf file and help them, all I'm saying is that I don't give a shit about what's going on there, and I have my reasons.

• Thumbs Up 1

That fixed it!! Thanks man, I truly appreciate it! I'll be sure to donate! Now with that being said, will I be able to get any further updates (like automatic ones from GeForce Experience)? Or will I need a modded .inf file for every update here on out? Thanks again man! I'll be happy to give you a copy of my vBIOS if you let me know how to do it :)

You will always need a modified .inf, but this one might do for some of the upcoming drivers as well.

Just use GPU-Z for the dump, that's the easiest way, click on the little symbol next to the bios version line.

Did you check whether your card is clocking up properly? Cause the 780m needs a modified vbios to get full 3d clocks in the M15x.

Just pack it in a .zip then it will work.

Not sure about the clocks, can't tell from this screenshot... you can easily check it though, click on the '?' sign in GPU-Z and click "start render test" then open the sensors tab and your core clock should report 706MHz, if that's not the case something's wrong.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just pack it in a .zip then it will work.

Oh, yeah, I forgot about that.

11E0.zip

I logged a stress test I completed, and attached it below. Maybe it can help more because it's more in depth.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770M Stress Test.zip

It would appear the GPU Clock is maxing out at 862.3 MHz, and the GPU Memory Clock is maxing out at 1002.4 MHz.

Here's the specifications on NVIDIA's website:

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/notebook-gpus/geforce-gtx-770m/specifications

Thanks again for everything!

• Thumbs Up 2