new member with 8770w

So I needed a new work computer to replace a testing PC I had previously. They bought me a HP EliteBook 8770w. I like it a lot and the Quadro k3000 runs well. It runs 135 mhz overclocked all day long with a 500 mhz memory overclock without breaking a sweat. I have seen where some have overclocked the core with a bios mod. I was interested in finding more info. The Quadros can be a rare bird to find info on.

Wow, I was hoping someone had experience turning one of these up. Mine runs stable on max gpu 135 OC and also runs with zero issues with a 500Mhz Memory OC. The fan doesn't even ramp up as long as I have it in a cool room or off the table a inch or so.

At least with World of Tanks it cleans my gtx660m's clock.

is there a place to upload the current vbios?

Yes, attach it to a post. Just click on "go advanced" and then you'll find the attachment options below the post textbox.

It is windows 7, but it is a enterprise PC. Does win7 have secure boot? can it be disabled in Bios.

- - - Updated - - -

From HP

<dl><dt>Security management </dt><dd>

• Standard: HP Client Security Dashboard (Windows 8 only)
  • HP ProtectTools Security Manager includes: Credential Manager, Device Access Manager, Drive Encryption, Face Recognition (webcam configurations only), File Sanitizer (Windows 7 only), Privacy Manager (Windows 7 only), Embedded Security (Windows 7 only)
  • HP Fingerprint Sensor
  • Integrated Smart Card Reader
  • Enhanced Pre-Boot Security
  • HP Spare Key
  • One-Step Logon
  • TPM 1.2 Embedded Security Chip
  • Security lock slot
  • Support for Intel AT (requires Absolute Computrace subscription) (select models)
  • Optional: HP Privacy Filter
  • Computrace (sold separately and requires the purchase of subscription)

</dd></dl>

I reset bios, left it unplugged with battery removed overnight, then also tried updating the bios to version 41 this morning. I set the USB security in the bios to "change" and have reflashed the vbios. Unfortunately still locked sliders. Ill update the post with current vbios to see if the flash is actually going in.

does it matter the hp bios is smaller than the other quadro k3000m? I tried it but it errored and told me I had a pci mismatch.

- - - Updated - - -

this should reflect the OC bios. It was taken this morning after I had flashed several times over the last few days. GK104.zip

• 2 weeks later...

I will give it a shot. Could you tell if the vbios I posted had the expected modifications? I am trying to determine if the bios is actually being modified. If it is and not unlocking it must be built into the PC. If it isnt being modified maybe I am flashing it wrong or need to do something special for this computer.

Thanks for trying so much to help me with this.

So I downloaded the new driver, (beta). Did a complete uninstall, then rebooted, fresh install, and without trying a new flash it has unlocked the sliders. I am a happy camper! your the man! Thank you so much. I am going to run some benches and report back.

I have been running a memory OC of 600Mhz stable for weeks so I will see what the core does.