GTX 660M Y580 OVERVOLTAGE/INCREASE CLOCKS "You Can Request Any Vbios Am Up For It =)"

ErYani

Hi,

Your temps perfect altough overclock.I have 1.125v.

For example 1k core 2600 memory .

1 hour battlefield 4:gpu temp:86

How are you cooling the laptop?

And how can i down the temp?

• Repaste, try also pasting the voltage regulators which come into contact with the heat sink
  • Clean your dust
  • Laptop cooler
  • If not using the Optical bay, it might be wise, then to just remove the whole thing.
    • OR, if you're not using an SSD and your hard drive has a spindle, you might want to move this to the optical bay. This way you have less heat bunched up near your GPU (which is right above HDD. I believe)

[*]Remove your bottom cover

• This is the big one, my temps usually go up about 8 degrees when I forget to take this off

[*]If you're not using a laptop cooler, get one. This is also another big point. If you're unable to get a cooler, then find a way to elevate your laptop about an inch or two

[*]Make sure the screws for your heat sink are very tight (don't break it like I did!) More pressure = more heat dissipation = Cool temps

[*]Another note on the laptop cooler, make sure to leave about an inch between the fan of the coolor and the surface it is on.

This is all I can think of with keeping your temps down, I'll edit this if I come across anything else, or forgot to add/

Regarding the part you said about running the fan at full speed; I don't remember where I saw how to do it, but it involves shorting/reconnecting/cutting two wires and once you perform this hard mod, you can't un-do it (unless you buy another heat sink or fan). You have to google it yourself, I'm not going to for you.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After overlocking to 1,125 V I'm having a visual issue sometimes whenever I play a game, for example League of legends or Tera, theres some kind of visual bug like in LoL i often see as if the textures are tearing for a moment, in Tera while moving the camera i can see constant flashing of lights and stuff, thats not normal :< any solutions? Tried going back to defaults but can't force insydeflash to downgrade

• 3 weeks later...
Could you make a voltmod based on svl7 "2.07" Unlocked Bios with voltages 1.135 or 1.140 Much appreciated. Also, is there a donation link anywhere for the help

Hey , Sorry i had exams i have done what you ask for :-

Here is Voltmod Based on svl7 "2.07" Unlocked Bios Voltage 1.135 "https://mega.co.nz/#!d44CnRwD!yOFpcX8eZDBoN4xWiGwhFotmerClahYmWg6gc-PiBug"

Here is Voltmod Based on svl7 "2.07" Unlocked Bios Voltage 1.140 "https://mega.co.nz/#!NpRmzAST!cGEVLkyJNh8nJTpGzmbpm-rCkSXoJuO52YPI-T9ZkyU"

P.s :- I Dont have Donation Link , Am Just Helping People :)

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sorry for the stupid question, but for those who are completely Hardware Illiterate, what exactly does increasing voltage do?

Increasing voltage helps you achieve higher clocks for your gpu = more fps in games = more temperature sadly , Its Pushing your gpu beyond its limits for extra 10~15% Performance .

- - - Updated - - -

After overlocking to 1,125 V I'm having a visual issue sometimes whenever I play a game, for example League of legends or Tera, theres some kind of visual bug like in LoL i often see as if the textures are tearing for a moment, in Tera while moving the camera i can see constant flashing of lights and stuff, thats not normal :< any solutions? Tried going back to defaults but can't force insydeflash to downgrade

1) Just download this platform file https://mega.co.nz/#!phAAhQKK!pYk5AM8JF_1tVZ9HxlUBojnialTVkCH8UUdqcZRP37M .

2) Download svl7 "2.07" Unlocked Bios .

3) Copy the platform file that you downloaded earlier and paste it in svl7 bios folder and overwrite the file and it should allow you to install or downgrade whatever version you want.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi, I'm sorry for my english. please do vbios nothottrling 1.25 Ghz.Thank you<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

hey , i cant help you with that because i dont know how beside if i removed throttling your gpu will die , it only throttle when it reaches 90+C if it didnt throttle your gpu will get damaged .

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Download Link :- "http://www.uploadmb.com/dw.php?id=1372379820" <----------- This Is '1.125V' For svl7's Unlocked 2.07 Bios

Hello!

I used this bios on v2,07 and i have problem.

Its showing default clock at 1250 and memory at 3000 but current clock 1000 and est max 1000 as well

What to do?

post-31387-14494998794203_thumb.png

• 2 months later...
Hi ErYani ;)) Can u make mi bios with V.12120V(U said that is it max(Btw I know risk don't worry) I cant download ur uploaded bios from a few pages back because link is burned out.. Sorry for my english xd Zippyshare.com - Lenovo Y580 - Y480 BIOS v8.00 (5DCN90WW) - Mod.zip

Regards!

Attached is modded VBIOS @ 1.2125 V for v8.00

v800_1.2125V_by.BLOWNTAHA.zip

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Again ;) I have problem.. because i flashed bios by blowntaha with @1.2125V but gpu-z and nvidia inspector showing me 1.1250V not 1.2125V... maybe this is to high? Eryani said that max is @1.2120V not 1.2125V. Can u make me again bios but with 1.2120V? Or problem is different? I dont know.. I hope that u can help me.

THX REGARDS

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi.

I got a problem with throttling of my 660m (1340|3000) at 45% of battery and lower. I use standard battery and 180W asus ac adapter. I tried to solve this problem by using of all the bios from this topic but each of them has its own specific problem:

1) 1.2125 (no throttling) - work unstable, frequency jumps from 1340 to default 1200. Temps are about 85-88 battery discharge is very fast. After reaching 45% of battery GPU clock freezes at 1200 MHz and battery stops discharging

2) 1.2000 (no throttling)- same as 1.2125

3) 1.1750 - work much more stable? Rear jumps of frequency from 1340 to default. Temps are about 83-85. Battery discharge is still fast. After reaching 45% of battery GPU throttles down to 405MHz and freezes, battery stops discharging and laptop continue to work in this mode until I charge battery more than 45%.

4) 1.1500 – works perfect. Np frequency jumps – stable 1340 at all times. Battery discharge is still fast. After reaching 45% of battery GPU throttles down to 405MHz and freezes, battery stops discharging and laptop continue to work in this mode until I charge battery more than 45%.

5) 1.1250 and lower – same as 1.1500 but with a lower GPU frequency

So could you please make a 1.15 v no throttling bios for svl7's with a GPU default clock at 1300MHz so it could work stable at this frequency after my battery reaches 45%

Hi.

I got a problem with throttling of my 660m (1340|3000) at 45% of battery and lower. I use standard battery and 180W asus ac adapter. I tried to solve this problem by using of all the bios from this topic but each of them has its own specific problem:

1) 1.2125 (no throttling) - work unstable, frequency jumps from 1340 to default 1200. Temps are about 85-88 battery discharge is very fast. After reaching 45% of battery GPU clock freezes at 1200 MHz and battery stops discharging

3) 1.1750 - work much more stable? Rear jumps of frequency from 1340 to default. Temps are about 83-85. Battery discharge is still fast. After reaching 45% of battery GPU throttles down to 405MHz and freezes, battery stops discharging and laptop continue to work in this mode until I charge battery more than 45%.

4) 1.1500 – works perfect. Np frequency jumps – stable 1340 at all times. Battery discharge is still fast. After reaching 45% of battery GPU throttles down to 405MHz and freezes, battery stops discharging and laptop continue to work in this mode until I charge battery more than 45%.

So could you please make a 1.150 and 1.175 v no throttling bios for svl7's with a GPU default clock at 1300MHz so it could work stable at this frequency after my battery reaches 45%

Hello!

I used this bios on v2,07 and i have problem.

Its showing default clock at 1250 and memory at 3000 but current clock 1000 and est max 1000 as well

What to do?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13226[/ATTACH]

Hello i have same problem? how solution this ???? :(

Hi.

So could you please make a 1.150 and 1.175 v no throttling bios for svl7's with a GPU default clock at 1300MHz so it could work stable at this frequency after my battery reaches 45%

Funny thing is - if you remove the battery, clocks will not throttle down. PSU doesn't fell hotter than usual, gaming is smooth, freq is stable. I thought that it drains battery because 120W of power brick are not enough... I'll do some more testing at 1.500V and will post my findings, seems like Lenovo messed up their PSU real hard...

EDIT: It does throttle down after awhile. Why?.. Why is it even running on full freq for some time wout battery?..

Funny thing is - if you remove the battery, clocks will not throttle down. PSU doesn't fell hotter than usual, gaming is smooth, freq is stable. I thought that it drains battery because 120W of power brick are not enough... I'll do some more testing at 1.500V and will post my findings, seems like Lenovo messed up their PSU real hard...

EDIT: It does throttle down after awhile. Why?.. Why is it even running on full freq for some time wout battery?..

You right. When i remove the battery GPU clocks are stable, but not CPU.

When the battery is plugged in the frequency of GPU is 1320Mhz and CPU is about 3093-3192Mhz

When the battery is unplugged GPU is stable at 1320Mhz but CPU is down to 2300Mhz

I tried to use Throttlestop 6.0 and i made CPU work at 3093 with unplugged battery, but GPU starts to throttle down to 405Mhz(1.150v and 1.175v) and down to 1200Mhz(1.20v and 1.2125v).

So problem is still uo to date.