Bios 2.00

Nabil Lmalam

I Have a probleme with my ideapad y500

i dónt have any intel hd graphic and intel start thechnolgies what i muss to do ?

The Y500 doesn't have the Intel HD gpu enabled, I've read that it is disabled from the processor itself, so you can't enable it no matterr what you do, it's a hardware problem.

The Intel start technologies have several requirements/pre-requisites on your system before you can install them on OS.

For instance, Rapid Start requires you to force set id=84 on the sleep partition, and an assigned partition of the SSD to be greater than or equal to your RAM size. For more on Rapid start, Intel has a good documentation and instructions here. What Rapid Start does is that it allows a deeper sleep state (S4 I believe) when your computer sleeps, transferring the active session to your SSD instead of RAM (which normal sleep would do). Basically speaking, think of it as a hybrid between sleep and hibernate.

Smart Response makes SSD caching available when using HDD as your OS drive. For this you'll need Rapid Storage Technology installed and SATA controller set to RAID amongst other things. Decent guide and explanation here.

Smart Connect is a bit of a joke to me and has nothing to do with HDD/SSD or storage. It basically wakes your computer from sleep now and then (which is user configurable) to turn on WiFi, Bluetooth and so on to update Facebook, Mail Clients, RSS feeds etc so that when you log on this will be "fresh". Apparently a CTRL+R was just too much to ask for :)