3D 120hz 680m Clevo/Sager's requiring a new vBios (Blank screen issue)

grechie

Hey All, Was posting over in the Geforce forums just now, and ManuelG has responded to my question. Here it is:

Grechie said:Hi ManuelG!

I can confirm that the blank screen on 3D 680m laptops still occurs with this driver
:(

I have an Alienware M17x R4 3D 1x680m & a Clevo P370EM3 3D SLI 680m.

I would be grateful if you would acknowledge this post.

Thanks bud

Yes. You will need to get an updated system BIOS from Alienware. We have provided them with the updated VBIOS so we expect they will make a new VBIOS available soon.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, when I asked "can you also confirm if a vBios update is required for Clevo/Sager 3D notebooks as well?

He responded with, "Yes" - Cheers guys

Do you have picture on external monitor with that driver?

No idea to be honest.. I'll try hooking it up tomorrow and find out. Is HDMI fine or should I find a display Port dvi adapter? (only have an old monitor a home...)

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk HD

This is probably a fluke, but sometimes.. after you restart, and it goes all dead and black.

IF you restart again and wait about 20 mins, the computer DOES manage to boot up, WITH SLI activated...

However this is not 100% of the time, and seems that the newer the driver the rarer the occurrence of the boot.

probably not useful but you never know.