Ultrabay graphics for Y400 with GT 750m??

Kamnnoriel

Just wanted to know if the Ultrabay graphics GN36 for the Y500 which seems to be the GT 750m will be compatible with the Y400 w/ GT 750m, or the GN35 for the Y400 is actually the updated 750m (I've read that the GN35 is still the GT 650m as some people say...). I want to make a GT 750m SLi in the Y400 and I don't see any reason why Lenovo wouldn't make the GT 750m for the Y400 since both GT 650m and GT 750m use the same core :).

I spoke to a rep not 2 days ago and was told that they are not compatible. They have the Y400 750UB card but they are not going to be available for shipping until July 24th if you ordered 2 days ago.

TLDR: No, they don't work together. You need to call in and order the 400 version.

I spoke to a rep not 2 days ago and was told that they are not compatible. They have the Y400 750UB card but they are not going to be available for shipping until July 24th if you ordered 2 days ago.

TLDR: No, they don't work together. You need to call in and order the 400 version.

I didn't understand the shipping availability very well, you mean that the GN35 that's available for purchase on Lenovo 's site is actually the new GT 750m? I thought that the GN36 was the GT 750m, or they haven't updated the product's page yet....

Far behind is an understatement, their support is poor. There are at least 7 different bios versions, but not a single update on their site. Theirs no valid reason to justify this, there are tons of bugfixes which they don't provide to the ones with the older systems, i.e. the early adopters... that's sad and inexcusable.

Far behind is an understatement, their support is poor. There are at least 7 different bios versions, but not a single update on their site. Theirs no valid reason to justify this, there are tons of bugfixes which they don't provide to the ones with the older systems, i.e. the early adopters... that's sad and inexcusable.

Amen. Support and quality control for this laptop is a joke. Still, there are stubborn idiots who stick with it beyond all reason *looks in the mirror*

Then I shouldn't buy the UB card? I know their support isn't good and not aware of what their selling sometimes, but I'd really like to hear from somebody if the GN35 is actually the 750m or not.

I wouldn't count on it. I'd wait until someone actually confirms it. So far not a single person anywhere has received one, they all got sent the 650M.

I wouldn't count on it. I'd wait until someone actually confirms it. So far not a single person anywhere has received one, they all got sent the 650M.

Lenovo Y400 Owners lounge - Page 43

Check out my post, I actually just bought the GN35 and it should be here sometime in July. I've talked to a few different reps and whenever they do have them in stock they will be the 750m version.

Check out my post, I actually just bought the GN35 and it should be here sometime in July. I've talked to a few different reps and whenever they do have them in stock they will be the 750m version.

That's what they said before, and everyone got the 650M. I won't believe the reps until people actually start receiving the 750M in the mail.

I'll be waiting your report mate! Thanks for taking the risk of buying it, hope it is the 750m so all the Y400 owners can upgrade to a dual graphics 14" beast :)

I'll be waiting your report mate! Thanks for taking the risk of buying it, hope it is the 750m so all the Y400 owners can upgrade to a dual graphics 14" beast :)

I'm just hoping they'll continue to carry the 650m version so I don't have to go about trying to flash 750m bios onto the internal 650m card :P.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

From what i've been hearing they may not support the 750m sli on the y400/y410p. But since he archecture of the graphics are the same from the previous generation 650m it would just run as a 650m SLI config =/ Which i guess defeats the purpose of getting the 750m card....

Late y400 models and y410p have the 750m graphic card. Apparently they are not planning to release the graphic card for us y400 users. I wonder if it will surgery fit and work on the y400/y410p gt750m models.

• 1 year later...