screen cable broken y500

eillienroc

Hello,

since today the cable that goes from the motherboard to my screen has got damaged.

In particulary in the hinge part, i can sometimes see something but my screen needs to stand at about 50 degrees.

Is this cable replacable or do i need to buy a whole new screen?

Where can i order a cable? i can see the screens can be bought cheap at laptopscreen?

THX

• 2 weeks later...

I will try, Im still waiting for the cable.

I once follewed the service manual en extracted my keyboard, motherboard until bare. But i havent detached my screen cause it looks so flimsy.

If anyone could show me how to extract the screen and how this cable should be replaced?

The laptop is now in one peace again without any broken parts, I will reopen everything once ive got this cable and take pictures of my progress.

• 2 weeks later...

I didnt want to send my laptop off for a few weeks. I was able to continue word with an external monitor.

btw I've voided the warranty by removing the warranty void stickers to determine what the problem was.

Time is money, 2 weeks without my laptop wouldnt have been good for me.

• 10 months later...

NEW QIQY6 DC02001ME0J LVDS CABLE FOR LENOVO Ideapad Y500 HD+ LVDS CABLE | eBay

I bought this one recently to see if it would fix my broken screen. (cable wasnt the problem)

Anyways, it should be the same as the one OP bought. Will take ~2 weeks to arrive since its from China. (ordered it 5/28, arrived 6/10)

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171196613338?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

I bought this one recently to see if it would fix my broken screen. (cable wasnt the problem)

Anyways, it should be the same as the one OP bought. Will take ~2 weeks to arrive since its from China. (ordered it 5/28, arrived 6/10)