[SOFTWARE MOD] Backlight Controller with LightFX

savvas

This worked for me initially even though Hotkey never has (desptie trying multiple versions). But the past couple of weeks every time I try to start it I get a weird error message with both english and and asian language.

It say something like:

Exception caught: the type initializer for #$@@#@% threw an exception.

Runtime terminating (0) true

InnerException: System.InvalidOperationExeptopm: Cannot open OutLLog on machine..

Windows has not provided an error code-->

System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception. The interface is unknown

---End of inner exception---

and it goes on like that...

I've tried reinstalling several times and different versions of Hotkey.Any thoughts?

what that error message is actually saying is that the hotkey driver isn't installed or isn't functioning properly. Try installing hotkey, restart and then use this app.

If you open the event viewer and go to applications and services logs you should see "outlog" and "powerbiosserverlog" categories. These are installed by hotkey. If you don't have them something is seriously screwed on your machine.

• 1 month later...
This mod works really nice, but in assassin creed 4 the keyboard turns off instead of just showing color like normal without this driver.

Is it possible to implement a feature that if the game doesn't use the driver it goes the last colors?

assasin creed doesn't use lightFX. Are you using the adaptive color effect? If so it will only work if you run the game in windowed or borderless modes, not fullscreen. Otherwise just change the effect to a different one

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

Bugs:

• Attempting to turn off the backlight keyboard whilst "Custom Cycle" is selected causes it to momentarily turn off, but then back on again (depending on update rate).
  • Launching Battlefield 3 causes the backlight to rapidly flash multiple colours, regardless of whether LightFX is enabled or not (and same problem as above, unable to turn off backlight keyboard).

P150EM, Windows 7 64-bit, with HotKey file version 6.0.0.75 and your latest backlight controller installed.

• 3 weeks later...

Awesome project! I am having a problem restarting the backlight after turning it off with the Fn key command to turn off the kb backlight. Program works fine until turned off, then I have to reinstall both programs (hotkey and backlight controller) Is there a workaround for this?

Win 8.1 64 bit -P150SM- bios 1.03.01 - hotkey 8.0145

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Savvas

I have tried your MOD after receiving my new W230ST but unfortunately the mod is not working :/

I am running :

WIN8.1 x64 with .NET 4.5

I7 4810MQ/intel hd4600 + Nvidia 765M

BIOS : 1.03.03

Hotkey: 8.0.134

Do you have any idea why is it not working? or do you need more informations from me to help you improve your mod ?

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you google for pointing me in this direction.

NP9390S/P375SM here for testing.

Windows 8.1 w/4.5

Using Hotkey 8.0.134 and LightFX v0.0.6.0

Right after I install LightFX the keyboard and trackpad goes dark. The power button emblem light though. That little guy responds to everything. The power button emblem responds to every effect there is just no keyboard lights. With that I'm assuming its an easy fix. I mean I can see its trying, just the keyboard LEDs dont know what to do. I have 2 old alienwares and Ive been from one side to the other pertaining to the alienfx keyboard lighting. Like winamp plugins and what not. I'll keep messing around to see if I can figure something out.

I can also make a video too of whats working and whats not if needed.

This is an AWESOME project btw. Stock lighting just doesn't cut it.

This laptop is with me everywhere. She is more then happy to be a ginny pig. Im going to start checking this thread hourly and give you all my email [email protected]

We get this working and that donation bin will have a Franklin in it.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to confirm this program doesn't work on the w35xst model laptops. The LED must be only one colour, and any special effects this program can do on the light doesn't work either.

Hotkey does work to shut down the backlight when needed.

Just to confirm this program doesn't work on the w35xst model laptops. The LED must be only one colour, and any special effects this program can do on the light doesn't work either.

Hotkey does work to shut down the backlight when needed.

I'm afraid i don't have access to that model so it's improbable that i'll add support for it...

• 5 weeks later...

Hi,

@ savvas,

I'm going to try and get your app working on my rig and i will let you know what's going on at my end.

P370SM3 with Win7 x64.

- - - Updated - - -

After installing the 7.0026 Hot key app the keyboard lights turn off and They will not turn back on again using the Hot key app or keyboard shortcuts.

I'll install your light FX app now Version 0.0.6.0 and see if it will work.

- - - Updated - - -

First thing is says is Your theme has encountered an error using default check your theme.

This is what the app looks like when I have selected Effects=Temperature:

post-22978-14494997785943_thumb.jpg

But I still have no lights on the keyboard? Not sure why as I know the lights work. Going to install that shared library just to see if it makes a difference though as I understand it the library is for game profiles no?

Oh. Looks like the library is in the installer already so no go there.

I've tried most if not all of the options in the light FX app to no avail. Still no lights for my keyboard. I look forward to your next release.

Seems no matter what I do my key board LED lights only work now when I have no app installed.

Ever since I installed your light FX Shite and subsequently uninstalled it because it did nothing, Hotkey app installed means no LED key board lights. Uninstall hot key app and presto LED back lit key board lights. WTF?

do you get this problem only with my app or with the stock one aswell?

Try uninstalling both my app and hotkey. Restart and install only clevo's hotkey. Do you have lights working now?

do you get this problem only with my app or with the stock one aswell?

Try uninstalling both my app and hotkey. Restart and install only clevo's hotkey. Do you have lights working now?

Done and while windows boots the keyboard back lights are on but when the stock hot key app starts the keyboard lights go out. I can not get them to come back on using the hot key app. if I uninstall the hot key app and your light fx app the key board lights stay on?

@P370SM3 make sure you use the latest Hotkey App:

CLEVO - Download

Also if you are using win 7 then that maybe the problem as it was never officially supported by Clevo on this model. Only Sager has offered an old Hot Key, which they didn't bother to update for the latest EC functions.

@P370SM3 make sure you use the latest Hotkey App:

CLEVO - Download

Also if you are using win 7 then that maybe the problem as it was never officially supported by Clevo on this model. Only Sager has offered an old Hot Key, which they didn't bother to update for the latest EC functions.

thanks for clearing up that mess mate.

@P370SM3: OK, try with this hotkey version and let me know how it goes. They probably haven't changed the WMI functions so if the lights work with the latest stock hotkey chances are my app will then work too

- - - Updated - - -

looks much better than the original

the original app is a real POS. I'm amazed they actually made such a poor job at it

• 1 month later...

to continue my problem from before. everything installs ok. app is running in processes however i cant get the settings in the app to open. i dont see the skin or theme come up and nothing in the crash log. .net is updated to the latest p170sm-a model with prema mod bios installed.