[SOFTWARE MOD] Backlight Controller with LightFX

savvas

yup, installed i think 7.26 or something like that, the newest one. and then after i shutdown and booted back up the app worked, hotkey that is. i could change the color and brightness, but as soon as i install the backlight program from here, my keyboard light turns off and i cant adjust it, even after shutdown and reboot. nothing.

can you access the registry?

i need you to open the original ledkb and go to custom mode and set all colors to white

Then go to registry->current_user\software\hotkey\ledkb

write down what these keys have as value:

LEDKB_L

LEDKB_M

LEDKB_R

LEDKB_TP

then close the registry(important), go to the original ledkb, set everything to black and repeat the registry step

send me both versions of the keys

can you access the registry?

i need you to open the original ledkb and go to custom mode and set all colors to white

Then go to registry->current_user\software\hotkey\ledkb

write down what these keys have as value:

LEDKB_L

LEDKB_M

LEDKB_R

LEDKB_TP

then close the registry(important), go to the original ledkb, set everything to black and repeat the registry step

send me both versions of the keys

those 4 have a value of 1

Guys is it okay that my ESET 5 SmartSecurity scream trojanlike package? MSIL/Packed.Confuser.D

I tried to download 0.6.0.0 version from the other site.

Is my anti-virus overacting?

yeah it's over reacting. don't mind it

The only colours available to me are red, blue and purple.\Help? I have the P150SM BTW

Same model, same problem.

I tried hotkey 8.0124 and 8.0134 on BIOS 1.00.06.

Then updated to BIOS 1.03.01 with hotkey 8.0134. => Nothing changed.

But it seems that the problem is the hotkey driver, because the colours didn't work with and without custom light controller.

For all tests I used Windows 8.1 x64.

To be sure that it isn't a problem of the Windows version I will test it at the weekend and report my results asap.

If there is someone who knows a solution please let me know...

Same model, same problem.

I tried hotkey 8.0124 and 8.0134 on BIOS 1.00.06.

Then updated to BIOS 1.03.01 with hotkey 8.0134. => Nothing changed.

But it seems that the problem is the hotkey driver, because the colours didn't work with and without custom light controller.

For all tests I used Windows 8.1 x64.

To be sure that it isn't a problem of the Windows version I will test it at the weekend and report my results asap.

If there is someone who knows a solution please let me know...

you mean you get that problem with the stock light controller? that's really weird behavior

you mean you get that problem with the stock light controller? that's really weird behavior

Yes, it never worked the right way. Btw a fresh installed Windows 7 x64 Ultimate gives same results (hotkey 7.0026).

Today I will test Windows 8 x32.

Is there P150SM with all colours working? Please let me know your hotkey and BIOS version.

I remember it worked before updating to windows 8.1. So it's not a hardware problem. And yes, even with the stock light controller I have red, blue and purple options.

I installed Windows 8 x64 and x32 with hotkey 8.0134 but the same results. Only red, blue and purple. I think its a problem of the hotkey driver or the BIOS.

This worked for me initially even though Hotkey never has (desptie trying multiple versions). But the past couple of weeks every time I try to start it I get a weird error message with both english and and asian language.

It say something like:

Exception caught: the type initializer for #$@@#@% threw an exception.

Runtime terminating (0) true

InnerException: System.InvalidOperationExeptopm: Cannot open OutLLog on machine..

Windows has not provided an error code-->

System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception. The interface is unknown

---End of inner exception---

and it goes on like that...

I've tried reinstalling several times and different versions of Hotkey.Any thoughts?