Guys any chance to get the w740su's service manual? :)

I've found the W740SU manual, how can I share it with OP so he can put in the first post?

Sorry I didn't see your request. Thank You, I also have the manual and will upload it later. :)

EDIT: Done! ;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi there.I just want to thank you very much for the Clevo service manuals.I need to upgrade my ram and i could not find them anywhere.VERY KIND OF YOU TO HAVE UPLAODED.Keep up the great work amd all the best to you there! MT1 : ) Cheers!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Prema,

I changed the maximum cpu current to 70 (default was 0) in the bios (Prema mod) of my w355ss. Now, it turns off just seconds after pressing the power key without even showing the bios logo screen. I guess that I should detach the cmos battery cable. Am I right?

Hi Prema,

I changed the maximum cpu current to 70 (default was 0) in the bios (Prema mod) of my w355ss. Now, it turns off just seconds after pressing the power key without even showing the bios logo screen. I guess that I should detach the cmos battery cable. Am I right?

Just open the bottom cover, it's right behind. ;)

Just open the bottom cover, it's right behind. ;)

You are right, Sir. Just removed the CMOS battery for a minute. Placed it back and everything is fine again. You saved me. Thank you.

• 1 month later...

Hi, so here is a practical question: I wanted to take the keyboard off from P170SM and one of the screws is holding on so strongly in the chasis that I have used 4 different screwdrivers and still did not succeeded to get it out. Right now its pretty messy. Anyone has an idea how to get this damn thing out?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Updated the OP with service manuals for:

P65xSE

P65xSG

P67xSE

P67xSG

There is a little glitch atm which prevents me from putting them in the right order...so you will find them right in the middle of attachments.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I am a new board member here, and a new owner of a

Sager NP8278 - Clevo P170SM-A

right now I'm looking for a pdf download of the Service Manual for this notebook.

I've checked the LPC-Digital website, where I purchased the unit, and the Sager website, found plenty of drivers, but no manual.

Been googling around and was referred to this site by Meaker from the Deadsmiley's Review of the Sager NP8278 / Clevo P170SM-A thread at Notebook Review.

He said "I believe prema put the set up at tech inferno." So here I am.

Sure enough, there appears to be what I'm looking for attached above P170SM-A_ESM.zip (9.75 MB, 14 views)

Unfortunetly, being a new member here, I am required to make FIVE Quality posts before I am allowed to download anything.

Not sure if this initial post counts as a "Quality" post, but I sure would appreciate any responses from you folks so that I can hopefully make enough "Quality" replies to at least allow me access to the above Service Manual.

I apologize for being so mercenary, but from what I've read here it appears that I am not the only one having difficulty in getting the Service Manual from their suppliers.

This is my my second notebook, and my first Sager.

I've spent more on this unit than I have on any PC in my life, and this is the first time that a reseller has not provided simple access to an actual Service Manual for their product.

The User Manual, Yes,

Service Manual, No.

Any assistance here is appreciated.

Thank you.

jaybee83 asked:

what exactly do u need the service manual for? are there any issues with your machine?

No real issues or problems, at this point.

Hopefully I'll have none for years.

But.... I have opened up the back to familiarize myself with component locations, that is those that are easily upgraded (i.e. drives, memory, CPU, GPU, etc.)

I noticed that there are only two (out of 4) easily accessible RAM slots, and only 1 (out of 2) easily accessible mSATA SD slots.

Evidently I will have to remove other components to locate those other slots, and I would like to be able to do so as carefully & efficiently as possible, rather than just start tearing things apart (I don't want to risk voiding my warranty by improper handling on a new machine).

Generally, a good Service Manual has the proper illustrated steps.

I do have another, unrelated question.

This a new machine, and I have noticed an odor emiting after I turn it on and while it is running. Not a "new car" smell, but a rather unpleasant, difficult to describe smell, somewhat metallic in nature.

I am thinking that it might be a normal "burn-in" odor, that I am hoping will gradually go away the longer I use the machine. But because the room I most often use it in has no ventilation (in the winter all windows are sealed tight) I am alittle concerned about how safe my breathing these fumes might be.

Can anyone comment about this?

• Founder
I do have another, unrelated question.

This a new machine, and I have noticed an odor emiting after I turn it on and while it is running. Not a "new car" smell, but a rather unpleasant, difficult to describe smell, somewhat metallic in nature.

I am thinking that it might be a normal "burn-in" odor, that I am hoping will gradually go away the longer I use the machine. But because the room I most often use it in has no ventilation (in the winter all windows are sealed tight) I am alittle concerned about how safe my breathing these fumes might be.

Can anyone comment about this?

You should probably keep it in a ventilated area until the smell goes away though I doubt it's toxic. However, there was another member here at T|I that had a system w/that smell and it didn't go away at all and he was stuck wtith it. So keep an eye on it for about a week and it it doesn't go away, contact your vendor.

Edit: Here's that thread: http://forum.techinferno.com/clevo/8885-w230ss-nasty-smell-cooling.html#post121305

• Guest locked this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic