soad525

675mx clock stuck at stock with msi afterburner enabled

I am using msi afterburner to overclock the 675mx on my ibuypower cz-17 (i am pretty sure it uses the same hardware as msi)

When i do so GPU-z Gives me weird results.

The results that i am getting seem like the core clock is stuck at 653mghz when it should be 800mghz. The is room in the gpu-z graph to go up when overclocking is enabled.

i tried all the power save options to max performance. I also tried to lock voltage. No good.

I cant flash a vbios because i cant find one (other then the one on this site that i cannot download :()

if anyone has a suggestion or a link to a download for the 4gb 675mx bios let me know.

Did you try with the turbo mode on? On m GT70 too be able to apply afterburner oc I have to switch turbo on.

I dont see a turbo option on my ibuypower laptop. But GPU-Z says it has a turbo clock. Is there a way to turn in on in a driver or something?

With the cz 17 I think run SCM as admin. With it running in the background then press Fn+F1. It should force the default clocks to turbo.

I think that all bare-bone models of the MSI bios are core locked. They did not want to allow for overclock unlock or for raid setup for the special device you need. You would have had to bought the product from MSI for those options or at least when i bought my Ibuypower cz-17 and all I looked into. To do any overclocking you and I will have to upgrade the bios to an unlocked version. I have went back and forth about trying it. but i think I'm going to. The turbo button only turbos the fan :( for us

Ah yes, the MSI lock!

There is a solution which I came across after several hours of tests and reboots.

No unlocked bios needed.

Step 1

Download Nvidia Inspector and extract/install. NVIDIA Inspector Download version 1.9.7.2

Step 2

Open NI and click "Show overclocking", accept any warning.

Step 3

Click top right "Unlock Max/min"

Now set the shade or memory clock +20 or so.

Hit apply on bottom right.

The settings should now be persistent until reboot.

You also should be able to use Afterburner to set the clocks.

I can create a visual screenshot guide if needed.

Ask if you need help!

Ah yes, the MSI lock!

There is a solution which I came across after several hours of tests and reboots.

No unlocked bios needed.

Step 1

Download Nvidia Inspector and extract/install. NVIDIA Inspector Download version 1.9.7.2

Step 2

Open NI and click "Show overclocking", accept any warning.

Step 3

Click top right "Unlock Max/min"

Now set the shade or memory clock +20 or so.

Hit apply on bottom right.

The settings should now be persistent until reboot.

You also should be able to use Afterburner to set the clocks.

I can create a visual screenshot guide if needed.

Ask if you need help!

In my nvidia inspector I have 3 performance levels, when I choose the last one (LVL 2 P0), the one where you can oc to +135, unlock min/max become greyed out, while they are not for the other 2 levels.