Intel gets into 22nm and 3D manufacturing process by end of 2011

mw86

Intel is becoming a staple in high performance chips and it seems they out did themselves this time. By the end of the year Intel will be producing 3D transistors at 22nm. Yes they ran out of room lengthwise and width wise so why not build up... so you can fit more in chips of the same length and width. Check these two articles check it out here!

Intel: Moore's Law has been cubed; Welcome to 3-D transistors | ZDNet

Why Intel's 22nm technology really matters | ZDNet

Edited by mw86
  • Thumbs Up 2

Omg I posted the video on the wrong thread? o wait they where talking about this on the m18x order status thread, how funny is that.

I just wanna say we should stick this cause is the future and I spend 2 hours looking for this thread, I could swear the front news bot had written the story, let me rep Mw86 great find.

Now that's really interesting... that's quite an advance, there was talk about this for quite a while now, it seems it finally comes into reality.

Btw, have you heard that a Intel Ivy Brige Processor apparently hit ebay?

Here you go: Intel's Next-Generation Eight-Core Sandy Bridge E Processor Hits Ebay - X-bit labs

• Thumbs Up 1

Hey guys over here the new extreme sandybridge cpu that showed up on ebay has been mentioned here. More details emerge about Intel Sandy Bridge E "extreme" desktop processor | ZDNet The new chip will be deemed Sandy Bridge E, go for a similar 1K as is it has in the past. The clock speed is set at only 3.3ghs but turbo boost will now allow for 3.9ghz! With its unlocked multipliers and 15mb of L3 cache this Six-core cpu should be blazing. There was also mention of the 8-core version of this chip that surfaced on ebay.

8 Core Q19D ES @ 1.6Ghz: Eight-core Intel Sandy Bridge E chips listed on, pulled from eBay -- Engadget