GTX780M+ in HM & EM models...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

@Prema I would gladdly test anything for you if you can teach me the proper ways to reset a bios with the chip programmer. I have an A+ certification and the military drilled soldering into me though a 2 week long class in AIT, so I can solder. If you can walk me though a chip programer and such I can run any tests you would need. I just need to know what I need to do if I brick a card. I have two video cards in this notebook so I can take one out, and flash the other. and the motherboard bios, never flashed one before but im sure it cant be much different then flashing the vbios.

@Prema I would gladdly test anything for you...

The SM systems don't have any incompatible cards (yet) so there is nothing to test. I may need someone with P370EMx and balls of steel at one point... ;)

i would need a standard bios for GTX 675M. Its not compatible with my Clevo notebook,because the card is comes from a dell machine. Where can i dl a standard bios?

It's included here:

http://forum.techinferno.com/clevo-sager/3119-premas-mod-bios-latest-stock-bios.html#post54056

If that can be used on a modified bios then you will have to cross out the 'T' in TPM.

Well cross it then, as it works on my Mods wherever a TPM chip is actually present on the motherboard...LOL

TPM = Trust Prema Mod :57:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

haha i contacted xotic pc a couple days ago asking if the 780m would ever work on the np9150. the person on the message window told me that at this time sager has made it clear to them that it wouldn't work. glad to see a forum were people are trying to fix that.

Would be nice to know if the P150EM is able to be upgraded to the GTX780M, seeming that the manufacturer is unable to give 100% fact, nonetheless thanks SVL7/Prema for supporting the community with your mods so far, please keep us posted.

• 1 month later...

Hi There guru tweakers of 780m, should I purchase a 780m at a good price or is it too early to do this yet. There are a few 780m's on Ebay, is there any particular thing that I should be looking for re these cards.

not so long ago I updated my P170EM with the 3940XM CPU and it goes great guns, are there recommendations as to which O/C software to use, seeing as how nothing can be changed in the BIOS. Should I continue with this laptop or flog it off.

I bought it a year ago, thinking from the info given by the sales staff that it could be upgraded for "years".

I have been infoed by computer shops to stay with the Ivy Bridge for as long as possible due to some limitations re the Haswell.

Any info on the 780m progress would be great, and well received

• 2 months later...

I do not want to be pushy, but I would ask you for any information about the progress of the bios for Clevo p1X0em enabling the launch of the GTX 780m. I've seen some good deals of the cards, I wondered also about new asus g750jz but my Clevo (3720qm/7970m/16gb) miss just a little bit more performance in graphics.

Regards

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Prema,

I feel that you let this down a bit. Could you please confirm in order to not make people think that it will ever work. I am part of them would really want that 780m could work on my p170em. I have a 675mx and would take great benefot of the upgrade.

Thanks in advance.

Greg

If you go to Prema's blog... There's a hint hidden in the easter egg. A hexadecimal code that you could translate as a string and it shows:

"GTX7x0M & GTX8x0M @ P1x0EM > SOON MORE THAN JUST A DREAM... HAPPY EASTER! :) "

Prema is working very hard into mod this BIOS. Sometimes is very odd that people put some pressure on this kind of thing...

It's a comunity formed by people who work, in the free hours to clear up some manufacturer issues.

Have you ever wondered how much it will cost for anyone here pay a software engineer to do a stuff like that?

Just think about it.

Greetings!

Ok, thank you for the news and sorry for being a bit rude. It's just that we were a bit missing some news and wanted to know if it was worth waiting. Thanks again for your work and don't hesitate to ask if you need some support.

I didn't want to put pressure on Prema and don't want my post to be taken as if it was - it was just a question of having fresh news on it.