TOLUD size

meatom

Hi,

I'm new at this forum, and after read some threads I think I discovered my Tolud is 3.0gb, can someone confirm to me?

Thank you, bernardo.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7796[/ATTACH]

post-13781-14494995479071_thumb.jpg

• 5 months later...

Hi could someone kindly check my TOLUD please?

This is from another laptop. Thought of running eGpu on this one with better processor than my previous 2630qm.

There are 2 screenshots as there's one more pci bus almost at the bottom.

post-19054-14494996350938_thumb.jpg

post-19054-14494996351219_thumb.jpg

Hi could someone kindly check my TOLUD please?

This is from another laptop. Thought of running eGpu on this one with better processor than my previous 2630qm.

There are 2 screenshots as there's one more pci bus almost at the bottom.

TOLUD is 2.75GB.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Really confused about my TOLUD size. The first pci bus with a 8bit address starts with a number in the 8th bit ? Can someone tell me what my TOLUD would be ? This is for a HP Zbook.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11722[/ATTACH]

We see the PCI bus at 0x4F20000-0xDFFFFFFF. Rounding that up to 0x50000000 means TOLUD is 1.25GB, with a 2.25GB contiguous block that ends at 3.5GB (0xDFFFFFFF). I'll assume that the iGPU and any dGPU will be in there, consuming ~256MB each. That leaves 1.75GB available of 32-bit PCI config space in that block.

With so much allocated by the bios I'll assume it's a ZBook 15 or 17. Both have Thunderbolt1 ports and expresscard slots with the bios giving plenty of space to attach external PCIe devices using either. Means there's no need to do any DSDT override on this system.

Would love to see a ZBook eGPU implementation using say the US$199 Thundertek TB1 enclosure in a similar way to: http://forum.techinferno.com/diy-e-gpu-projects/6723-%5Bguide%5D-14-asus-g46vw-gtx780ti%4010gbps-tb1-thundertek-win8-1-a.html#post91914 .

• Thumbs Up 1

We see the PCI bus at 0x4F20000-0xDFFFFFFF. Rounding that up to 0x50000000 means TOLUD is 1.25GB, with a 2.25GB contiguous block that ends at 3.5GB (0xDFFFFFFF). I'll assume that the iGPU and any dGPU will be in there, consuming ~256MB each. That leaves 1.75GB available of 32-bit PCI config space in that block.

With so much allocated by the bios I'll assume it's a ZBook 15 or 17. Both have Thunderbolt1 ports and expresscard slots with the bios giving plenty of space to attach external PCIe devices using either. Means there's no need to do any DSDT override on this system.

Would love to see a ZBook eGPU implementation using say the US$199 Thundertek TB1 enclosure in a similar way to: http://forum.techinferno.com/diy-e-gpu-projects/6723-%5Bguide%5D-14-asus-g46vw-gtx780ti%4010gbps-tb1-thundertek-win8-1-a.html#post91914 .

Thank you for the response Nando. You are correct it is a HP 17 inc zbook. I have been looking at doing an egpu since the dgpu on the machine is a quaddro k1100m that seems to be hardware limited.

To save costs the plan is to do a Express card egpu for now (I have a spare gtx 650) . If I don't screw things up and things work, I might consider attempting a thunderbolt solution next year, possibly invest in the Sonnet Echo Express Pro.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...

This last thursday while trying some eGPU to work saw a BIOS option like set TOLUD size. Changed from 2GB to 3GB (later realized I should have tried to go lower not higher :) ). Computer was not happy to boot anymore, I wasn't able to reset the bios by removing the battery, so I had to reprogram my BIOS using a SPI programmer in order to recover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is the first entry that use the whole 8 digits, in your case it would be 9000 0000.

0x90000000 = 2415919104

2415919104 / 1024 / 1024 = 2304

That would be at 2304MB I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Following that logic, it would be 0xBFA00000 = ~3GB for dohobo then.

> Other question: Can i use PE4L V2.1b with x16 graphic card? PE4L V2.1b has only PCI Express x1.

You can - just it will be slower than x16, but unless you have several PCIe x1 slots to spare its want you would be using. x1-x16 is not everything - also the power of the graphics card counts, because it does all the calculations.

Following that logic, it would be 0xBFA00000 = ~3GB for dohobo then.

> Other question: Can i use PE4L V2.1b with x16 graphic card? PE4L V2.1b has only PCI Express x1.

You can - just it will be slower than x16, but unless you have several PCIe x1 slots to spare its want you would be using. x1-x16 is not everything - also the power of the graphics card counts, because it does all the calculations.

hi, thanks you very much! 32_002.gif.pagespeed.ce.Y1M_748z-1.gif32_002.gif.pagespeed.ce.Y1M_748z-1.gif. now i understand!

• 9 months later...
please what is my tolud guys ? thank u in advance :peaceful:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14598[/ATTACH]

I guess it is 3.25 GB is this true ? someone can confirm please ?

If its the case can I run two lanes with 2 x 2.0 using mpcie and expresscar ?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I have a Samsung RF511 A01 and I am wanting to know if i need to do a DSDT override for my EGPU to work, I am not sure how to check my TOLUD size so if somebody could tell me what the size is it would be greatly appreciated, (Enclosed print screen of device manager memory) post-35313-14494999942714_thumb.png

If I do need to do a DSDT override, what can go wrong and how do I fix the computer if it does go wrong?

Thank you.

Hi I have a Samsung RF511 A01 and I am wanting to know if i need to do a DSDT override for my EGPU to work, I am not sure how to check my TOLUD size so if somebody could tell me what the size is it would be greatly appreciated, (Enclosed print screen of device manager memory) [ATTACH=CONFIG]14723[/ATTACH]

If I do need to do a DSDT override, what can go wrong and how do I fix the computer if it does go wrong?

Thank you.

Your TOLUD is 3.5GB. You'll need the DSDT override to accomodate your iGPU + eGPU simultaneously. Guides to help you with that are at:

http://forum.techinferno.com/diy-e-gpu-projects/7476-%5Bguide%5D-dsdt-override-fix-error-12-a.html

http://forum.techinferno.com/diy-e-gpu-projects/3539-guide-dsdt-override-simultaneous-igpu-dgpu-egpu.html

• 2 weeks later...

post-35636-14494999968356_thumb.png

Is the marked line the line I need to find out my TOLUD? If yes, I have a TOLUD of nearly 3,25GB, right? It should mean, that I can plug in an eGPU without overwrite it with Setup 1.x, or do I have to do it?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14813[/ATTACH]

Is the marked line the line I need to find out my TOLUD? If yes, I have a TOLUD of nearly 3,25GB, right? It should mean, that I can plug in an eGPU without overwrite it with Setup 1.x, or do I have to do it?

Yes and yes.

With TOLUD <= 3,25GB there should be enough memory allocation space for your eGPU.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.