y500 overvolting temperature results

jester_socom

I overclocked my 650m to 1ghz and 2500mhz memory

From there i compared:

0.975v - 73C

1.025v - 75°C

1.100v - 85°C

results may vary. It's unreliable since I only tested once.

Game used: Company of Heroes 2 Benchmark

I think it is clear now people shouldnt be asking me anymore for overvolt mods.

However, you are always welcome for undervolt requests.

I know only one game may not say it all but i think it's very trustable.

Undervolting will decrease cpu temps as well as gpu temperatures.

Let's hope i can get my gpu voltages down to 0.95-0.975v and reducing it by another 5°C at least.

I hope you guys like my comparison

----- UPDATE 1 -----

PLEASE TEST THESE UNDERVOLT VS STOCK VOLT VS OVERVOLT. SO WE CAN KNOW WHAT THE EFFECT OF OVERVOLTING AND UNDERVOLTING HAS ON TEMPERATURES.

I would like to know the results:

Use Furmark by preference at:

Custom resolution 512x512

Anti Aliasing 8X

In settings select Extreme Burn-In before testing.

The package in the attachment also containt a release for 0.975v with 1GHz core clock and 2500MHz memory.

All clocks of 790MHz-1000MHz and maybe even lower should now be 0.975v. The ones below should throttle like we are used to.

I really havent touched the voltage table. Just the maximum voltage limit which I lowered. So the ones in the voltage table higher than the maximum limit should fall back to the limit.

You can say it's pretty impossible to decode the voltage table. Unless you have lot's of papers in A1 format :P

650m_2.02_1GHz_UV.zip

I overclocked my 650m to 1ghz and 2500mhz memory

From there i compared:

1.025v - 75°C

1.100v - 85°C

Game used: Company of Heroes 2 Benchmark

I think it is clear now people shouldnt be asking me anymore for overvolt mods.

However, you are always welcome for undervolt requests.

I know only one game may not say it all but i think it's very trustable.

Undervolting will decrease cpu temps as well as gpu temperatures.

Let's hope i can get my gpu voltages down to 0.95-0.975v and reducing it by another 5°C at least.

I hope you guys like my comparison

Look for forward to it.

85 degrees is still good. I remember that my fx770 quadro could reach 105 degrees in my old precision m4400.

Keep up the good work.

But 75C is so much more comfortable :) ! I'm going to try 0.975v right now. Posting back after stress testing.

When I installed 200.18 driver for my 750m my lowest voltage went from .861 at idle to .967 the max was still 1.087 under load but the idle temperature jump was pretty bad, like 5-10 C. I went back to the default drivers after that.

I just got my Coolermaster SF-19 cooling pad yesterday. Will post a review in my accessories thread later. Does about 10-15 degrees Celsius difference.

When I installed 200.18 driver for my 750m my lowest voltage went from .861 at idle to .967 the max was still 1.087 under load but the idle temperature jump was pretty bad, like 5-10 C. I went back to the default drivers after that.

I just got my Coolermaster SF-19 cooling pad yesterday. Will post a review in my accessories thread later. Does about 10-15 degrees Celsius difference.

Didnt notice any difference with 0.975v.

Maybe I didn't do enough testing.

Didnt notice any difference with 0.975v.

Maybe I didn't do enough testing.

Well I think mainly it was due to the fact that it was not throttling down like it usually did. Instead of using the different states it just went from .967 to 1.087. Also I meant .812 V sorry. prob made a bigger differece from .812v to .967v

I gave the bios a shot but I had one crash while playing Far Cry 3. Don't know if it was driver related or if it was because of the undervolt. In any event, I've re-flashed to the stock voltage bios for now.

I gave the bios a shot but I had one crash while playing Far Cry 3. Don't know if it was driver related or if it was because of the undervolt. In any event, I've re-flashed to the stock voltage bios for now.

You are using my 1.025v 1Ghz with the memory overclock right?

I am using the 0.975v version without issues.

If you want I can try making you a version with stock memory clocks at 0.975v while the core is still at 1ghz. Perhaps that can help you out.

You are using my 1.025v 1Ghz with the memory overclock right?

I am using the 0.975v version without issues.

If you want I can try making you a version with stock memory clocks at 0.975v while the core is still at 1ghz. Perhaps that can help you out.

That would be great, I think my memory is definitely the weakest link.