15" Lenovo W530 + GTX780@4Gbps+c-EC2 (PE4L 2.1b) + Win7 [gothic860]

About a year ago i used a W520 with eGPU and i didnt needed the eGPU Setup. I would try to get the PE4L + PSU + Titan or a good GTX780 (there are some good overclocked versions) and test it the normal way. If you get problems you can still buy the eGPU setup if needed.

I think dualGPU models like the GTX690 are more bottlenecked by bandwidth then the 1GPU models.

Hello gothic860. Can you explain me how you did the egpu setup without the setup 1.3? I tried on mine but i can not seem to make it work. I get an error 12 "not enough resources". Did you disable anything in order for that card to have the allocated space to run? I would really need to make this thing work.

Every help is much apreciated.

• 7 months later...

Hey all,

Have been using a W520 and GTX 660 for almost 3 years and it has been great except for one quirk.

If I use the Nvidia R331 (331.82-desktop, from November 2013) drivers then I am able to sleep and resume fine.

Newer drivers work fine (as in I can boot, play games, do everything normally) but the system will not resume from sleep. The system sleeps fine but when I try to resume the eGPU never wakes up. Even the laptop screen (iGPU) stays blank, though I can see the HDD activity LED flashing away.

Any ideas why?

Edit: Running Win7 64 bit.

• 6 months later...

Howdy. I'm not super knowledgeable regarding DIY hardware setups but I'm interested in this and think I could handle it.

I have a W520, i7-2760QM, running my OS and all programs off an mSATA 256 GB SSD, via the mSATA slot under the keyboard. I also have the stock HDD used for media storage.

My question is, would this interfere with my ability to run and eGPU off the ExpressCard slot? Do they share the same PCIe? Forgive me if this is a stupid question.

Thanks!

• 5 months later...

Hey folks. I'm have an odd set of problems with this. (w530, setup 1.30, gtx 960, pe4c)

Basically when I'm plugging in the express card, the graphics card powers up just fine (fans blowing steady), but the setup fails to detect it. BUT if I plug it in a certain way, or once or twice later, the fans will slow to a stop, and it is detected!

I managed to go through the whole process and have it appear in the device manager, but I can't play any games or run a benchmark. and nvidia geforce doesn't detect anything.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Did I get a faulty pe4c?

Edited by mmmmmattmoore

• 1 month later...

HI,

I'd like to make sure this upgrade will suit my setup. i have a w530 i5 3320M working with WIN10.

also, how would this interface perform compared to on board quadro K200M. in terms of speed (approx.)

Tnks, Yoni

Edited by yonafshi